Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Looking to purchase a pre-built

Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a prebuilt here: https://www.newegg.com/msi-aegis-r-13nue-452us/p/N82E16883151335R?Item=N82E16883151335R

I just had a few questions:

1.) Is there any "downside" to refurbished beyond the usual risk of buying any "used" product? I know you're essentially taking a risk and no one can guarantee it will be fine, but I suppose what I am asking is if anyone has experience with refurbished products in the past, specifically new eggs? And to add to that - what is the worst case scenario? Is it that somebody may have used this PC before for a heavily intensive workload i.e. graphical design type stuff or bitcoin mining or something, and then returned it with a cooked motherboard? Is that possible, and if it is I'd imagine it'd be "fixed"?

2.) How do you feel about this product? My knowledge is pretty introductory, but to me it seems to me that a 4070, 32GB ram DDR5, with an i7 (maybe AMD is preferred over intel, but alas) at this price point is a solid deal.

3.) can anyone tell what motherboard this has? The only way I was able to get an idea is when I compared it to another PC and then was able to see this here:

https://preview.redd.it/3fnjil0hr3kd1.png?width=499&format=png&auto=webp&s=b8d0e0602380e451ada29f8b5ac048e1c09a1b39

anyone have any idea on this product? I saw someone else say elsewhere it is only for prebuilts. In any event, thanks for any input / insight on this.

p.s. just as a final point, if you have another prebuilt recommendation please feel free to post here. I can of course explore the option of building, but in regards to prebuilt it seems you either get a 4070 and sacrifice the CPU, or get a 4060 for a better CPU, while the ram seems to flucutate. However, this one above seems to be best of all three...


No comments:

Post a Comment