Sunday, February 14, 2021

LBRY Income/Tax Question

Hi everyone,

I have fairly recently started posting my education videos on LBRY/Odysee and have been receiving LBC for them. I am recording the amount of LBC received everyday and the value of LBC/$CAD at the end of everyday. How I currently plan on doing my future 2021 taxes is everyday take the amount of LBC earned that day times the value of LBC/$CAD at the end of that day, and add all the days up and this will be my business income for 2021.

Then when I want to withdraw those, I will send my LBC to an exchange, convert the ones I want to sell to say bitcoin (this is a taxable event as I understand it), so I take BTC's value - LBC's value (cost basis $0 (I think)), and that will be my capital's gains owed. Then repeat that last step for BTC-$CAD (will record any capital gains here however, it shouldn't be much as I would convert from LBC to $CAD as quick as possible. Ill refer to professionals down the road I just like staying ahead of these things and want to know if im on the right path with all of this.

​

Thank you for anyone who comments whose more knowledgeable about this then me!


No comments:

Post a Comment