Sunday, May 5, 2024

Thinking of moving to BTC and ETH ETFs

Since I don’t want to handle all the hassle of having to setup a crypto wallet and maintaining keys I was thinking about selling all my current crypto and instead move everything into BTC/ETH etfs and most likely I will be buying IBIT.

I still have a question, I am investing through IBKR what would happen in case either IBKR, BlackRock or BlackRock’s custodian (which is Coinbase) fail (I know the event of a failure of BlackRock and IBKR are minimal and would be catastrophic for the world)?

Are my crypto assets all safe when investing via ETFs? For what I know when investing in ETFs incase either BlackRock or IBKR go bust it’s not really a problem because the shares of the ETF as well the underlying shares are in my name and therefore even if they go bust I will get my shares back.

Side question: is there a valid ETH etf?


No comments:

Post a Comment