Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Need your help with a charity event - Bitcoin Pizza Day!

Hi! I'll be running a Bitcoin Pizza Day event (bitcoinpizzaday.eventbrite.com) in our town. We'll have a couple of the local pizza restaurants set up to accept Bitcoin in exchange for slices of pizza.

I have most of the processes accounted for, but I'd love help from the community on how to optimize. We'll be using BitPay for its ability to settle in US Dollars instantly. I know most of you hate BitPay, and I'm open to alternatives, but the settlement to a US Bank account without human interaction is hard to overlook.

The process steps:

  1. Pizza Merchant is already set up with a BitPay merchant account (I'll be installing this with them ahead of the event)
  2. Event Attendee arrives and installs a BIP70 wallet to their phone (we'll be installing BitPay wallet)
  3. Event Attendee gives $5 in US Dollars to one of our Event Hosts.
  4. Event Host is using a Bitcoin wallet to transfer $5's worth of BTC to Event Attendee (Note: There is a $1.00 -$1.25 miners fee for this process step)
  5. Event Attendee waits up to 10 minutes for this $5 worth of BTC to finalize to their address/phone
  6. After finalized transaction, Event attendee can use their BitPay wallet to purchase slices of pizza for $1.00's equivalent in Bitcoin from Pizza Merchant.
  7. Pizza Merchants will be using a static Bitcoin Wallet Address which is printed at their pizza booth. No application usage required.

I'll be sending information out to all attendees with instructions on how they can purchase bitcoin and load up a transactional wallet ahead of time, but I have to assume only a small number of people will actually take this step.

How can I minimize the time/cost of steps 4 & 5?

Thanks for any advice. I really want this event to be successful, I think our community would love to get more involved with Bitcoin and Blockchain Technologies.


No comments:

Post a Comment