Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Bitcoin node with pruned mode, monitor for new blocks and its transactions.

I set up blocknotify option on bitcoin node for my app to get notice when new block comes out.
After via jsonrpc block is retrieved, later its transactions.
Not sure why, but for some reason usually half of transactions is missing from my node, I am able only to see hash of transaction received trough block.
Should my node validate whole block(including transactions) before trigger blocknotify action ?
Should I give a time to a node after blocknotify event?
I made jsonrpc request after request to retrieve transactions content with minimal timeouts of 100 milliseconds.
It is really annoying to be forced to recode btc node for each simple task that basic application need.
As far I have seen, btc nodes are really poor in giving basic ability to applications needs other then mining purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment