Sunday, April 28, 2019

Confused settting up Core/Lightning Node on RPi3b+

Hello everyone!

This day I started trying to setup my own Bitcoin Core and Lightning node on my Raspberry Pi 3b+. I've tried this before but I failed. Today I wanted to give it another shot but again I am stuck. My setup is a RPi3b+ with an external 1TB HDD. I use the Raspibolt guide: https://stadicus.github.io/RaspiBolt/. I am not a programmer or such, but I do have some IT experience i.e. building my own pc, configuring it and such. It's one of my hobbies.

Anyway, I am at the 'Raspberry Pi' step of the guide ( https://stadicus.github.io/RaspiBolt/raspibolt_20_pi.html), step 'Mounting external hard disk'. So I put in this command: ' $ lsblk -o UUID,NAME,FSTYPE,SIZE,LABEL,MODEL' and I get the information of my HDD.

After that I should do the command: ' $ sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/[NAME]'. But But which is [NAME]? Is it 'sda' or 'sda1'?

After that I have to copy the UUID and edit the fstab file. I know how to enter the fstab file, that not the problem. I see five lines of text in the fstab file. The lines start with: 'proc', 'PARTUUID', 'PARTUUID', '# a swapfile is not a swap partition' & '# use dphys-swapfile'.

But where should I write down the line ' UUID=123456 /mnt/hdd ext4 rw,nosuid,dev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,auto,nouser,async,nofail 0 2'? All the way under the fifth existing line? Or after the third line 'PARTUUID'?

Also, in the fstab file there is a menu down the cmd window with some commands. One of them is ^X (Exit). If I type ^X and press enter, it does not exit. Am I doing something wrong?

I hope someone can help me with this so I can continue setting up my node! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment