Monday, October 14, 2019

btcpay on qnap-nas

I have a btc-LND node running on mint linux for about 6 months now and recently bought a QNAP-NAS. I'd like to migrate my node to the new hardware and additionaly get the whole btcpay package, maybe even btc and ltc working. I think Docker is the way of choice, but qnap-container-station (a docker tool with graphical user interface) behaves a little different and running this setup scripts does not work like in the guides.

I found out how to mount docker volumes, but my lnd.config always gets overwritten by a almost empty lnd.config when i start the container. Then after 2 seconds the container stops:

"loadConfig: either bitcoin.active or litecoin.active must be set to 1 (true) "

------------------------------------------------------------------

; my lnd.config:

[Application Options]

; set external IP if not using NAT

externalip=XXXXXXXXXXXX

; set node alias (seen in explorers)

alias=Bei_Gertrud

color=#ff3333

rpclisten=0.0.0.0:10009

tlsextraip=XXXXXXXXXX

bitcoin.basefee=0

bitcoin.feerate=0

listen=0.0.0.0:9735

; nat=true

; tor.active=1

; tor.v3=1

; tor.dns=nodes.lightning.directory

[Bitcoin]

bitcoin.active=1

bitcoin.mainnet=1

bitcoin.node=bitcoind

[Bitcoind]

bitcoind.rpcuser=XXXXX

bitcoind.rpcpass=XXXXXXX

bitcoind.zmqpubrawblock=tcp://127.0.0.1:28332

bitcoind.zmqpubrawtx=tcp://127.0.0.1:28333

------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried btcpayserver/lnd and nicolasdorier/btcpayserver images. Other docker images like pihole work without problems. I also tried a virtual machine with lubuntu, but it's quite recource hungry and slows everything down with 93% memory usage.

Has anybody had success on a qnap-nas?



No comments:

Post a Comment