Sunday, July 5, 2020

Detecting cryptocurrency addresses?

I'm looking for a way to detect that a string contains a cryptocurrency address (nothing else would be in the string, just the address). I could simplify it to just Bitcoin for now, but in the future it would be nice to support many cryptos.

Is there a library that can do this for me? Or if not, could someone maybe guide me in the direction of how I would go about detecting that the string contains an address?

To be clear, it is not necessarily important that the address is valid, I found many posts about validating a bitcoin address, but that's not necessary. Assuming the user would copy/paste their address, I just want my application to be able to say "hey, that's a bitcoin address" and then do something from there.

Any sort of help would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment