Friday, January 29, 2021

Questions from a 17 year old.

Hello! As the title says I’m a 17 year old kid who recently found this subreddit. After the boom of Gamestop’s stocks, I found it endlessly hilarious and interesting, and it somehow lead me here.

But like most 17 year olds, I have dumb stupid monke brain, and I don’t understand anything that’s going on right now. So I’d like to ask a few questions before the supposed event happening later today to boost the price of doge coin.

What the fuck is doge coin? Why is it doge? Is this a joke? (I sincerely hope it isn’t.)

Okay but actually,

What is dogecoin? I understand it’s a form of crypto currency, but how valid is it in the economic sense? What would drive me to purchase doge coin?

How likely is it to increase in value over the years? There’s a ton of investment options and supposed amazing crypto currencies that blew up after bitcoin, and I’m not quite sure how any of them will hold up as time goes on.

Is there anything I should know in general before investing in something like this? As I stated before, I don’t have any previous knowledge of the crypto currency scene, or just the stock market in general.

I’m not too sure if these are all the questions I have, so if anyone responds to this, I might ask them more in the future.

I’d like to get into investing, especially since college is expensive, and I’m not smart enough to get big scholarships. I understand this isn’t some fast track to become a millionaire, but I’d be nice if it could help pay my family’s rent or a part of my tuition in the future. I hope you all have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment