Thursday, May 6, 2021

Screwed up a year ago - how to stop thinking about missed BTC?

I'm 25 and have been into bitcoin for a few years now, I have about 2 BTC I bought a few years back.

I know this is quite a lot, but last year a while after covid struck and BTC dropped to about the $4-6k range, I had intended to buy a whole lot more. I always told myself if it ever went that low I'd buy as much as I could. So, the time came, but I realised coinbase pro had updated their trading fees. They seemed pretty high considering coinbase pro (or GDAX as it was called then) was free to trade on when I joined. So I decided to sign up to binance instead, which had much lower fees. However, when I tried to sign up, their website verification wouldn't work properly. I emailed them back and forth a few times about it to try and get it working, but didnt get anywhere with it. By then the price had gone back up a good bit, and I was pretty peeved off about the whole thing. Combined with stress from work I just let it be for a while but never got back to it.

I feel like an idiot for not just paying the higher fees on coinbase at the time. I was intending to buy around 5BTC at the time, which by now would be a life changing sum of money.

I know I should be happy with what I've got, but I'm finding it difficult to get over the whole thing. I know people talk about regretting not buying when it was cheap, but this event in particular really gets to me, because I actually tried to and would be set for life now if only binance's website had worked properly!

Anyone had a similar experience or have tips for me to stop being salty about this?


No comments:

Post a Comment