Friday, September 10, 2021

Why Bitcoin?

A couple of weeks ago, I started studying at the 3D graphics course from the Isaev Workshop - Motion Design V3. 0.The purpose of this course is to go through all the stages of creating a motion-style commercial and make a full-fledged work for my portfolio.

At the first stage, I received a technical task — to create a cool motion video on the topic I chose. I took "Bitcoin"as the topic. Why Bitcoin? I'll tell you more now…

My symbol of freedom

A little background

Most recently, I worked for hire 2/2 at a job that has nothing to do with design. And in my free time, I studied motion design using tutorials from YouTube, made small orders from Yandex. design services — but all this brought only pennies.

One fine evening, a friend calls me, whom I haven't seen for a long time... We met and she told me about a project where you can get passive income. This project is connected with investing in cryptocurrency, she spoke about the opportunities that it gives and outlined the development prospects in colors. At that moment, I immediately cut off this idea, referring to the fact that I now have absolutely no free money to invest.

But this idea stuck in my head, as it echoed my thoughts about investing — I understood that this was the only way to get out of this squirrel wheel in which I was. I started looking for relevant information about this project in particular. I reviewed a lot of different videos on this topic and most of all I liked how Vladimir Ruzanov talks about ways to get passive income, I felt confidence in him personally, as he talked about everything without "rose-colored glasses", talked about all the pros and cons, about risks and new opportunities.

I found a detailed analysis of many projects on his channel and chose a couple of them for myself. I began to buy cryptocurrency a little every month and invest. He talked about new opportunities to colleagues, friends and relatives. Many listened with disbelief, someone was interested, and someone began to do the same as me — in particular, my family members, to whom I told the most about the new (for me) world of cryptocurrencies.

In general, I left my hired job and now I can only do what my heart is for-I study motion design, because I can just live on the interest from investments. For me, Bitcoin is a symbol of new opportunities and financial freedom that investing in cryptocurrency gives.

I'm making a fan video on the topic "Bitcoin"

The creation of the video begins art direction to work out the idea and style of the future video. Then there is previsualization and blocking, so that you can roughly understand how good the idea is in dynamics. And then the content, the implementation of the style and modeling. Then materials, lighting, effects, compositing.

Working through the idea, I associatively chose the key images for the video series:

  1. the actual coin (as bitcoin is often symbolically depicted)
  2. a bull + a bear (in stock exchange slang, traders trying to make money on the growth of the market are "bulls" and on the fall — "bears")
  3. rocket (often used as an illustration of the rise in the price of an asset)
  4. mask Anonymous (anonymity of crypto transactions)
  5. cubes in motion (blockchain and everything related to it)
  6. a statue of Elon Musk that will break (why is he? - this is a reference to market manipulators - Ilon's tweets first influenced the growth of the BTC price, and then its sharp collapse by 60% - May 19, 2021 )

Preliminary visualization of one of the scenes

Previsualization or blocking

At this stage, it was important to make all the scenes from primitives and animate them and the camera movement in each scene in order to understand and see the future dynamics in the video. Special attention had to be paid to the movement of objects and the camera in the frame, to work out the composition.

To make everything look good, it was important not to allow pauses in the movement of objects and the camera, so that there was no drawdown in dynamics. Also, think about transitions from one scene to another, this is done by moving objects, adjusting the speed of movement. It is important to follow the viewer's gaze-to direct it so that one scene seamlessly connects with another. To achieve this effect, the editing transition is made at the peak of the object's speed in the frame, if this movement is at the end of the frame, the object should continue moving with the same acceleration in the next frame.

The dynamics of movement in the frame should correspond to the music track, the change of scenes occurs mainly under the beats in the music, it is good when the speed of movement of objects changes with a change in the tempo of the music.

Working with on

Working with assets

An asset is a set of resources that you can use in your project, in this case, 3d models.

The current stage of work on the project consists in introducing 3d models into scenes instead of previously animated primitives, simulations are also being worked out, if they are in the project.

In the process of searching for suitable assets, we had to work hard to find high-quality models that will be combined with each other, forming a stylistic unity. For example, I have been looking for a bear model for a long time, which would be combined in style with a bull.

When working on animation, there were difficulties in working out, I set up graphs of the speed of movement of objects for a long time, I did not like a lot of things as it turns out. Of course, when the blocks from the primitives were replaced, it became much more interesting for me myself, as everything began to come to life and approach the final form. I applied the selected color scheme to the objects so that the overall color and how everything fits together were visible.

In the video, in addition to 3d graphics, there will also be fragments of the footage integrated into the scenes. When cutting out objects from the video, we had to manually modify the sections at the edges so that they would not "shake", since automatic tools were not ideal, the option with neural network processing showed even worse results.

At the next stage, I will already work with textures and set the light in the scenes, adjust the visualization. Work on the video continues, I will keep you informed of events.


No comments:

Post a Comment