Thursday, October 7, 2021

Planning to run a full node. Have some questions.

So I just downloaded Bitcoin Core. But, when I ran the software, it says I have to download the entire 350GB blockchain. This must be done whether I want to run a full node or a pruned node. I want to ask: What happens in the event of a hard disk failure or a Windows reinstallation? Do I have to go through the entire process of re-downloading and re-verifying the entire blockchain every time? Or is there a way to download a pre-verified blockchain and just continue from whereever it left off? I imagine that after setting up a full node with 350GB of data, I can just backup all the files. And then if I reinstall Windows or my HDD fails, I can just restore the backup and then carry on from whichever block it was left off? But if such a process can be done, then there must exist somewhere where I can downloaded a backed up version of a fully synced Bitcoin node, and then just carry on from there, without having to go through the tedious process of downloading and verifying from genesis myself?


No comments:

Post a Comment