Tuesday, October 19, 2021

SafeMoon Transcript - Oct 17 (Part 4)

J: Appreciate it, AJ. Alright JSettle18. How are you today?

Settle: Hi guys, I hope you guys are having a wonderful day. I hope all the listeners are having a wonderful day. Uh, my question...I've been told has been petty or isn't important but… in the wallet. It's specific to the wallet. Uh, I don't understand why all of the SafeMoon, if it comes from the BNB side or the Eth side, why it can't all just go into one pool so that all the SafeMoon is all together in one spot.

J: So is that a chain question?

R: Yeah I think you're saying rather than switching the chains from Ethereum to Binance, you just want it to come all into one wallet and see all of your holdings?

Settle: Yeah, all together in one set.
R: Got it, yup. Definitely something we're already working on. What we're working on is an option to just basically show, you know you could click ‘all’ and then you would be able to show all of your holdings that your wallet has. We're looking at doing that, but remember, if we do that change then there's certain things that we have to remember. For example, AVE is a visa token that has both, you know, BSC and Ethereum. So users might be sending the wrong AVE to the wrong wallet, so we're thinking through things of how we explicitly show the user, “Hey, this is the Ethereum version or the BSC that you're sending.” And then they know before, because then that could be all bad. So we're trying to do it in a way that's not, you know, adds more risk. I would say to the users.

J: Yeah, and it's kind of yeah. And just to kind of like using an analogy here or comparison it's like trying to pay for something in the UK or in the EU with dollars or vice versa. You know you have to convert it into the proper currency or into the proper chain and so it's creating a system that automatically converts to whichever wallet that you're sending it to - which is easier said than done so.

R: Yeah, especially when you start introducing other chains like Bitcoin and Doge -

J: Polkadot.

R: - yeah, that are like completely (inaudible) because Ethereum and the Binance Smart Chain are pretty much the same blockchain, right? They’re like a fork, so it's easier to do it that way. But then when you start getting other chains it becomes a little bit more complex I would say but nothing that we can handle.

Settle: I'm glad to hear that you guys are working on it and I can't wait for it to be all one. So thank you for working hard and go just keep it up. You guys are, we’re doin great.

J: You as well thanks for the questions. Alright, uh, I think it's time we dive into a few more questions and then get some new speakers after that. Alright.
Q: ‘Wen bank transfer option’ is one of the questions that was sent over.
A: Ryan, correct me if I'm wrong. Bank transfer through Moon Pay is available in UK and EU and they are working on US, correct?

R: Correct, yeah, yeah. We just need to enable something on our end and then we need to push an update. So this is actually something that we can start planning for before our next big update. So yeah, that's going to be coming soon.

J: OK, oh, looks like we have one speaker up. Our hosts just let me know. SafeMoon Champ. How are you doing today?

SafeMoon Champ: Hey John. Good to see you and Ryan, good to see you again. I have a quick question for y’all. John, the convention you went to... what did you learn? How can you apply it to the company? What was it like meeting the holders? And then (inaudible) in Europe?
J: Uh, you cut out in the last little bit, but I'll answer the first questions. First off, the Silicon Slopes Summit is held almost every single year. It's a lot of Utah companies and other companies that come there to kind of learn from each other. They have seminars and breakout sessions. This year they had a bigger crypto component compared to 2019 when I attended last.
Uhm, now I will say, you know it was kind of rude of them to shove all the the crypto and blockchain people into the back of the Convention Center, but it's all good, fine.

But no, but it was really awesome meeting members of the SafeMoon Army and getting to talk to them. You know, in person. It was nice being able to grab a coffee with them or just talk about normal stuff. It was nice.
In terms of what we learned, you know, I mainly went there for kind of the NFT side of things, not because NFT is like my main interest, it’s just that it was a knowledge gap for me and I went. I saw a lot of the speakers there and you know their experience. I'm like that's really awesome. I was able to ask a certain question in regards to how they deal with the new app guidelines and the ever-changing Apple guidelines and Android guidelines that come out in regards to NFTs, so it was really great.
It was also funny to listen to some of the speakers quote me verbatim, when some of the stuff they were doing they weren't really doing six months ago. And so what I learned was people watch SafeMoon and what we do at SafeMoon and very closely, and we are a disruptor in the space.

So i think that was the validation that we are doing things the right way - was one of the biggest things i learned there. So it was a nice little - not, i wouldn't say gut check but, uh uh check on learning or whatever so.

Yeah, and you know, it's funny to watch a lot of these bigger players quote us and you know it honestly, it's humbling that we're able to help push innovation in the space that was rather stagnant before we launched. And so. Super excited about that, but it was a good conference. I'm excited to go to AIBC here in mid-November. And continuing the always, I'm always seeking knowledge. I'm always seeking education. You know, as soon as you say, oh, I know enough you lose. There's always something more to learn, so. It was a lot of fun.

It was kind of an impromptu thing as well, so I returned back to the United States to handle stuff here. And you know, I was talking to Dave, our VP of Content, and he's like, hey, Silicon Slopes is next week, I'm like, “Oh, it is? Let's go”. So we got tickets and we went up. And you know, just wanted to see what's been going on so - it was a fabulous event. Really enjoyed it.

And looking forward to being at the next one so.


No comments:

Post a Comment