Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Looking to get into the Canadian crypto market and had some questions.

So I'm looking to get into crypto for long holds and then, once I'm more comfortable with everything, dip into alt coins. I've looked into good ways to start and I've settled on trying to on-ramp with Shakepay to allow me to enter an exchange with either Bitcoin or Etherium.

*How does the shake feature work on Shakepay and is it as simple as it sounds?

*Do I need to worry about signing up for an exchange if I don't plan on selling for a good while?

*When looking for an exchange what factors should I be looking at past their individual spread?

*Are there other places that are good to on-ramp with that I could use in conjunction with Shakepay or will that spread me too thin?

*From a tax perspective, should I wait until the new year to start or will I not trigger a taxable event by simply buying coins and putting them in a cold storage wallet?

I'm trying to really think of my future, and I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner, but I want to make sure I have a good idea of what I'm doing before I dive in. I'm not looking to dump my life savings into it but maybe a small amount of each paycheck after my initial buy in. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.


No comments:

Post a Comment