Sunday, December 9, 2018

Want to start a dropshipping website with less than $1000, how should I allocate the money?

As the title suggests, I want to start a dropshipping website. The niche would be travel-related goods (jewelry, gear, travel themed stuff). I've already found a website doing exactly what I am doing so I know it is possible, but want to know what would be the best way to go about spending what funds I do have (broke college student).

So I already know some of the have to's:

  • Shopify ($30/month)
  • Logo (in works, I have a graphic designer) $80
  • Premium theme ($40-$60)
  • $100-$200 buffer for actually buying items (would purchase items out of pocket to keep processing times low and get paid at end of cycle)

So that leaves around another $200-$500, which I need to do marketing with. I've got a couple of items up on a trial, and I'm writing copy for them (reading cas$hvertising, but have experience writing articles) but was wondering what was the best way to get visitors?

I see three ways:

  • Pick 3 items, make IG posts for shoutouts (train of thought I picked up from e-commerce twitter)
    • My biggest concern going this route is creating effective ad posts that match the influencer/IG account doing the shoutut to get the most value.
  • Press Release (Idea from https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/5vtkwo/for_11_years_i_have_been_ranking_ecommerce_stores/)
    • Seems risky but worth. Thoughts from anyone that went this route?
  • FB Ads
    • Less likely to do this one, because from what I hear IG shoutouts is the best way to go about when first testing new products.

I want to differentiate from others by taking professional pictures/videos (I'm a professional photographer/videographer) as well as writing little blog posts about how these products can be used, travel guides, etc. That would be my competitive advantage/unique marketing twist. Plus, accepting Bitcoin.

Thoughts? Any and all feedback is welcome. Thanks in advanced!



No comments:

Post a Comment