Thursday, March 25, 2021

NFT Startup - building a team

***ADMIN PRE-APPROVED**\*

TLDR: I'm currently exploring an NFT-based SaaS startup (link) and looking for interesting individuals to speak with as detailed below - designers, marketers, engineers, investors, experts, influencers, etc.

Long story...

I recently posted in r/cryptodevs about my startup and thought I would also share it here for those interested. More here and here

I have been in crypto for a while (see about me below) and many more years in tech. I have been paying attention to NFTs recently. Some observations that seem obvious to me:

  1. NFTs are still overly complicated for the average maker
  2. NFTs are getting a bad rep already
  3. Gas fees are dumb. Yes, I know Eth upgrades and also some say high fees keep pumpers out. Still, this needs to re-visited for longevity.
  4. How publishers rent/use the art isn't well thought out. At the moment, it seems mostly based on speculative pricing

The future: Taking a page from Elon's book, I have asked myself, "what will the NFT market look like in the future?"

The solution: One thing seems inevitable; a drawing app with NFT tracking, minting, verification, wallet, time machine, art rental, and more, all baked in natively. Some drawing apps for reference here.

What if makers were "making in public"? What if every brushstroke was a blockchain entry (or held in an event stream)? What if art wasn't just priced solely on market demand but also on the quality of work, effort, time, social presence, previous work, and more? What if artists could branch files into multiple editions?

Done right, this could allow collaboration on art pieces, sharing drafts to build an auction queue, videos of progress, communities around art (twitch), branching (ala GitHub) of the art to create different editions, printing in real life (t-shirts, hats, canvas prints, etc), selling source (think colouring book) for other artists to innovate on top of, bidding using different tokens and coins, all through a single app.

What stage I'm at: Building a core team right now - primarily engineers, but also artists, makers, and ux designers.

Sound interesting? Great.

What I'm looking for...

  1. Tech co-founder. Ideally a full-stack senior Engineer with blockchain/NFT expertise that is a CTO now, or ready to take that title in the near future.
  2. App Designer and UX person that has built tablet apps before - Adobe or similar exposure is a plus.
  3. Marketer. I'm pretty adept myself but looking for the right leader to take over and setup/run.
  4. VC's or early investors that believe in this and want to get in early
  5. Influencer in the NFT or crypto space.
  6. Connector that can soft intro me to investors, VCs, or NFT entrepreneurs.
  7. NFT entrepreneurs that are actively building in the NFT space now.
  8. NFT artists or collectors that are doing NFT already and have a pulse on the future of NFTs.
  9. Anyone with NFT expertise or experience that can share insight or get onto a conversation to speak about this further.

Ideal customer: Makers that just want to make. Ones that want an easier way into the NFT space and believe that fair and transparent pricing is important.

Founding team compensation: at this stage, sweat equity but to bring this into reality, will take investment and forming a team. Typical "fiat" scenario: slicing pie, cliffs, vesting etc. Done via an ICO (my preference) this needs further discussion. Some combination of locked liquidity, maybe token burning, almost certainly dev wallets, etc. I don't have precise answers here and open to convos about it.

If you are in one of these categories I describe, or if this project interests you, please get in touch. I'm open to DMs and want to move this idea forward.

A little about me: 25+ years in the tech industry, launched an ALT coin in 2012 (no moon), launched a coin-minting agency in 2016 (no crypto expertise - abandoned), more here, ghost-written patents on video streaming and CDNs, a Product guy, consultant to other founders, a founder.

Currently, a Technical Product Manager for a startup. Want to know more? DM me or visit http://mayur.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment