Saturday, January 19, 2019

Anyone install lnd on ubuntu 16.04? Having some errors

Having some issues I can’t figure out!

Using these guides:

picture of guides

I successfully install the full node, bitcoind is fully synced (took a day), and everything. I install lnd and use “make check” to confirm I installed, everything passes. Then the next step in the Bretton github guide is to run lnd and have it perform is own sync... i run that code as it’s written in the guide and I get:

Error: no such host

Then I try to skip that and create a wallet run as per instructions (instructions are out of order anyway) but the lncli command doesn’t work:

Lncli command error

On the other guide, dev.lightning, after I perform “make check” to check lnd was installed properly, I am at the available backend operating modes section.

I’m not sure which one to use, I try btcd command line they give and it just shows me syncing in real time, showing I am fully synced up the the current second. I also don’t know which one is testnet and Mainnet, tried replacing instances of testnet with mainnet. But the syncing period never stops.

And then I try the bitcoind backend operator command, but it says I must have installed bitcoind with ZEROMQ interface (I installed bitcoind full node using bitcoin.ord guide “running a full node”). So thanks for telling me about ZEROMQ at the end of the damn guide! Lol.

But I get to end of the bitcoind part and get the same error I showed in picture 2 (no such host).

Thanks if anyone can figure this out!

Here are links to the guides:

github guide

Dev.lightning



No comments:

Post a Comment