Sunday, July 7, 2019

Need advice on an email I received

This is a throwaway for obvious reasons. I recently received a troubling e-mail which I realize could be spam, but it ended up in my inbox which is what has me a little confused. Copying the text below:

Hello!

I am actually the individual who at this moment has the access to your system. Not to mention that i have complete access to the account.

I've really been paying attention to you for a few weeks already. Facts are you have been infected with virus attacks through adult material online site that you been to.

Just in case you're not in tune with the following, I can clarify. Virus grants me entire admission plus {the full control over the desktop computer or perhaps any other gadget. This means I can easily see all the stuff on the screen, turn on the camera & microphone, without ever you knowing about this.

Forgot to mention, I also have the whole list of contacts plus all of the messages.

Now, for what reason your anti virus could not discover malware? Well, response to that question is pretty simple: My spyware takes advantage of the system driver, I renew their id signature just about every 4 hours so that your antivirus software remains to be muted.

I crafted a footage displaying how you satisfy yourself in first half of computer screen, and also the show you've saw on other side. With single mouse click, I am able to send this film to your emails and social network buddies. Additionally i will post access to your own electronic mail letters.

If you'd like to prevent yourself from that, send me the amount of $500 to my own bitcoin wallet (in the event that you have no idea of the right way to do that, simply search: "Purchase Bitcoin").

My bitcoin wallet address (BTC Wallet) is: 3NZFSx83RJxUYz7bL7f3wdtZzE2MJ5zqUR

Just after getting the settlement, I most certainly will erase the video and you won't hear from me again. Now i'm offering you 65 hours (even more than A couple of days) o cover everything. I got a notice arranged on this email, it will work the moment you will open it.

Submitting a complaint someplace would not make sense mainly because this email could not be tracked like my bitcoin wallet address. I tend not to mistakes.

If I'll discover you've talked about this current message with another individual, this footage will be instantly published.

Regards!

  • End of e-mail-

The reality is that even if this were real, I don’t have $500 to just give some guy. I’m also not really ashamed for doing something that people do, I just would prefer if my mom or family members did happen to see me doing it.

Any thoughts on the risks I’m exposed to here or advice are much appreciated.

I’m based in Canada if that matters.

Thanks in advance.


No comments:

Post a Comment