Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Can't load Ledger - "Hardware Wallet did not provide a Master Fingerprint."

So I just switched from Windows 10 to Linux (currently using Kubuntu 19.10) and am still learning how everything works but have a decent grasp on basic terminal commands and Linux's file structure, but after installing wasabi and plugging in my ledger nano s, I was greeted with the above message. I had no issues with Wasabi on Windows and previously transferred some Bitcoin to my ledger without issue, and I would very much like to retrieve it now.

I stumbled upon an article on the wasabi website about needing to set up udev rules followed by instructions to rebuild source code (which seems unnecessary considering that I already have the application installed), but I wanted to check to see if any of you are familiar with this issue and what you think of these instructions:

https://docs.wasabiwallet.io/building-wasabi/HardwareWalletTestingGuide.html#linux-only-step-0-add-udev-rules

The GitHub links that are referenced in that article are no longer active and turn up a 404 error, so perhaps this is no longer relevant or needed on later versions Wasabi - I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment