Saturday, February 25, 2023

Not understanding how to pass value to created function

Hi all, still learning here and I'm working on a python script that will post the current bitcoin price to a discord server I have.

I have been able to set it up so it pulls the bitcoin price and can also reach out to the discord api through IFTTT. The problem is I'm unaware of how to pass the btcPrice to the api call:

post_ifttt_webhook(event, btcPrice)

I've tried changint ('value1': value) to the btcPrice for each one, tried with (event, value) and some other things, but I can't seem to get any response other than:

Latest bitcoin prices:  

This is the entry I put into the IFTTT Discord setup: Latest bitcoin prices:<br>

I understand that I need to pass the btcPrice variable to the Value1 but I am at a loss of how to do it.

Here is the code , all it does is print the bitcoin price in the terminal and then send a generic to the discord server:

https://pastebin.com/raw/zJdrFhSu


No comments:

Post a Comment