Monday, August 5, 2019

Network Issues Setting Up LND

Raspberry Pi lnd version 0.6.1-beta commit=v0.6.1-beta

I have been attempting to create a public lnd node by following the RaspiBolt guide:

https://stadicus.github.io/RaspiBolt/raspibolt_40_lnd.html

Although my router supports UPnP (Plug and Play), lnd fails to connect to the network when attempting to use this feature. In the lnd configuration file, I must comment the following line:

nat = true 

to

#nat = true 

The node works when this is disabled, but I want to make the node public for some hobby projects.

What is the best workaround for the UPnP issue?

I have discovered two solutions but don't know how to implement either. The first option which I uncovered on another reddit post here is to simply forward port 9735 to the pi. I can handle that, but I don't know what to change on the pi side.

The other option I have found is to use Tor to route lnd traffic. That would be a great solution but I could find very little help online for the installation. There are a couple of guides but they all conflict. I tried this guide but it resulted in an error:

/home/bitcoin/.lnd/lnd.conf:31: unknown option: listen 

Can anyone help me here? Are there other places people chat about lightning that I might have luck researching?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment