Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The problem is the solution... no mistakes only learning opportunities. Thanks all

TLDR; Bought high. Didn't sell. Missing FOMO 🤣 noob advice : ZOOM OUT of those graphs my fellow moon bound friends.

They say you learn from experience.

Back in 2014, I'd bought and used BTC for ridiculous things. It was sub 400 and I'd no clue what BTC was actually meant to be. I bought and sold for a $20 profit lol.

I then fomo'd and in late 2017 made my actual entry. Even being a "true" bitcoiner by buying a little near ATH. My moment of shame : I also sunk some money into shitcoins. The saviour was ensuring I had around 80% held in BTC/ETH and LTC (mostly BTC)

Then things began to tumble. The crushing feeling of defeat and stomach knotted. By early 2018, I had an empty bank account and sinking BTC. Bit my lip, didn't sell. Made peace with the empty coffers.

...Until now when an old sell order for 0.002 BTC triggered because of the current highs. That's when all the emotions and memories came rushing back... but hey, this time the nerves are calm.

Now it all feels worth it. Now I can thank my hard balls of steel and idiotic stubborn nature of not wanting to give up.

Mind you I got into BTC soon after I quit my fulltime job.

Yes I sunk in about 6 months of my modest salary savings into BTC after quitting my job. Brilliant at the very least.

BTC happened when I was going through a massive life change. I moved to Asia to do what I love and work with NGOs and rural communities. It's a gift economy style of living and work. I also get the odd paying project from individuals for knowledge consultancy. I barely make enough to make ends meet but I'm content. This was and is a conscious choice. Life is good. I took a massive lifestyle change... no unnecessary gadgets, clothing, accessories etc. I don't pay rent, just internet and small expenses. The 2 years leading up to all this, I had almost given up alcohol unless it was a meaningful event. But the end of random weekday and weekend binges helped me get clarity and save some FIAT. It's been worth it. Maybe part of my "growing up" had to do with the lifestyle change as well.

Not selling even if we goto 0. Which maybe foolish but I weathered the worst storm so now the fun begins. Getting used to the weight of these balls...

Im just another blip on the radar, but wanted to share my story. Thanks ladies and gents, Namaste 🙏🏾


No comments:

Post a Comment