Tuesday, January 12, 2021

I made a spreadsheet to track how popular and infamous coins could grow to flip Bitcoin

First off - if you're lazy and just wanna look at the pretty spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PKshkep0303CmL5Ijj5Jr7wDKLFirvvM2Xucg4XZGEY/edit#gid=0

As mentioned in the daily thread while I was doing this - the reason I did this was that I believe that bitcoin will go somewhere between 1-10x over the next year from our current price. Now last bull market, in 2017 ETH almost flipped Bitcoin at one point - this event would've been known as the flippening. I think that once Bitcoin has reached a milestone it sets a presedence, where its proven as possible for a cryptocurrency to reach that same marketcap - even though most probably never will. So out of curiosity I wanted to see how various coins that have been shilled in this sub over the past years would have to perform if they were to have a 'flippening' with BTC.

I've set up data-points for the price the coins would have if BTC went up to 10x and they kept the current ratio, if BTC went up to 10x and they were to flip BTC, and also a datapoint of what price they would need to reach to match the marketcap of BTC today.

This is obviously all full of hypotheticals, and its just a fun thought experiment - data is pulled from CoinGeckos open API.

I have probably missed a whole bunch of popular coins, so please dont feel bad if you see something you hate, but not your personal favorite coin up there - instead shoot me a message or a comment and I'll make sure to add it the next time I refresh the data! Also if you would like me to track some other potential scenario, I'm open to suggestions and will try to follow them up as best as I can!

And if you're of the competitive type - drop a comment with whatever coin (whether or not its on the list) you think will be the first to flip Bitcoin in marketcap - when and if it happens I'll go back to this thread and select a random winner to recieve 5,000 MOON, provided Reddit doesnt delete our MOON by then!


No comments:

Post a Comment