Saturday, April 24, 2021

AITA for keeping 200k secret from my parents?

I made 200k through a website called BitClout. I do not recommend that you try it because it does seem like a pyramid scheme, but I guess I got in early enough. The money is stored entirely in Bitcoin. I am also 17 and my sister is 21 and she lives with us.

After the event happened, I honestly didn’t know what to do. My parents aren’t exactly the best with money, and even though I love them, I don’t trust them with this. This amount of money can easily pay for my entire college education and then some. It can really boost my life. I literally won the fucking lottery, but it had to come crashing down.

I did tell my best friend about this. He’s probably the only person I’d trust with this secret. He is 18, and he’s telling me that he’s going to contact a lawyer and all that stuff for me. I did stupidly do everything over text.

I am usually very cautious with my phone. I don’t ever let it out of my sight, but my sister and I have the same phone and the same phone case. The only difference is that she has a sticker on hers. While I went to school, I must’ve accidentally took her phone. I don’t know how she got into my phone, but she got in and found out that I had 200k via texts.

She’s calling me a huge asshole because it belongs to our parents who have put me through a lot of stuff and they need it to help pay rent and other utilities.

The thing is, I’m pretty certain that as soon as I turn 18, I can leave this dump. I don’t need them anymore. I can be independent.

So, AITA?


No comments:

Post a Comment