Wednesday, August 21, 2019

I have free electricity and 220V line - and I am looking to mine coins.

Hey guys,

As stated above, I have free power on 220V. I am looking to buy miners. I am SUPER NEW and have not bought any bitcoins in my life. I am also very skeptical of public wallets after the mt gox fiasco so I will prefer to keep my coins in a personal wallet.

I have a few questions though.

  1. Do we need to be connected to internet 24/7 while mining? What happens if internet drops out in between?
  2. What happens if there is a power cut?
  3. I will probably be joining a pool. which pool do you suggest, and if possible - point me to a installation guide as well?
  4. My budget limits me to 4TH/s miners. with little research that I have done, I think i need to buy a miner like S9 AND a power supply separately. I do not understand why power supplies come with 10 outlets, as per my understanding they can hardly power only 1 miner. So why 10 outlets?
  5. Do we need a separate computer as well connected to the miner all the time to run the mining pool software?
  6. I have read that upcoming halving in 2020 will render the current miners useless. Is that true? How? Why?

Please give me any other suggestions that you deem useful, thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment