Friday, December 20, 2019

Belated Happy 2nd Anniversary to support ticket #397528

On 14th December 2017, Max @ Localbitcoins opened a support ticket to inform me of a number of bitcoins that were seized and recovered, relating to a trade I was scammed on in 2015. As you can imagine, these coins were worth many tens of thousands in Dec 2017.

I was advised to contact police so they can issue an asset seizure request on my behalf to reclaim the bitcoins. What followed was weeks and months of silence. I was forced to resort to posting a physical letter and making contact with Max on LinkedIn. When I did get a reply, they were vague and misleading.

Earlier this year I employed a Finnish lawyer to deal with the case on my behalf (contingency fee), even he experiences the same communication issues with Localbitcoins.

This is a much shortened version of events over the past two years and it is difficult to explain my circumstances at the time. Following receipt of Max’s support ticket message, I left my general manager position at an automotive company. Since then my life has turned into a living hell, spending a lot of time stressing over this issue.

Each day I have very negative and depressive thoughts. The only thing keeping me going is the people closest to me. I just want to place the blame firmly at localbitcoins door for pushing me into a depressive state these past couple of years, because of the totally unacceptable way this case has been handled.

It is astonishing when a company that holds millions of dollars worth of customer assets, that is supposedly now regulated, can treat its customers/members with such contempt.

I did not open a support ticket, I was not even using localbitcoins at the end of 2017. I received an unsolicited message which completely ruined my life, strained my family relations and I have no idea where I will eventually end up.

I am working class, the value of bitcoin I expected was being returned to me is several times any amount I had possessed before. Now I am staring at the prospect of being homeless and estranged from my family.

I will try very hard to dig myself out of the current hole I am in, I will do my best to put this behind me. I am just sickened at what Localbitcoins have done to my mental health these last two years.

Thanks a bunch! Merry Xmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment