Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Question regarding cryptocurrency taxation in Thailand

Recently I have started work on an algorithm for the crypto bot. Due to the high volatility in crypto, I assume it will execute several trades, between different crypto pairs, per a single day (obviously some with profit and other will loss). As part of the flow, I am calculating the exchange fee to estimate possible profit and make a desition, but I did not think about taxes. I found this article which says:

#2. Tax events: An increase in value is not taxable. However, a tax event that results in a due and payable tax burden does not only occur, when the digital assets are sold for fiat money (Baht, US$, etc.) but also

if cryptocurrencies are used to buy goods and services, or
if digital assets are exchanged against other coins and tokens.
The rearrangement and shifting of a cryptocurrency wallet can, therefore, result in a taxable event, even if the digital wealth remains on the same platform.

and now I have a concern if my bot will get any profit at all :D
Based on the statement above does it mean that for any trade occurred at the exchange I have to pay the taxes? What if at the end of the day I will lose all available balance, will I still own the taxes for the previous profitable trades?
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment