Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Revolut Account Locked upcoming holiday potentially ruined

Over the course of 6 months I have probably had deposits of around £3000 to my revolut account £1500-2000 of which was friends sending me money so I can book holidays/events for us etc. a further £500-1000 is just general going out money I am usually the guy who books the ubers or the club tickets for our friend group so I get them to send me the money. An additional £500 - £1000 potentially was from me selling bitcoin to friends and family and maybe one or two people on localbitcoins all of which were under £100 in value. Today my account was locked they will not tell me why just that I have to wait for an update. I have over £1000 in there currently 90% of which was going to be used to book a friends holiday half the people have already booked so I need to book asap or risk not being able to go. I have asked if just my recent friend's transactions can be reversed so we can atleast get a bit towards it but was denied. I then asked to completely terminate my account so I could withdraw my funds to my other bank also denied. So I have money both mine and my friends that I need to have access to but I am completely locked out with literally no options.

Revolut usually takes me about 3 hours to connect to an agent and then upwards of an hour for a simple yes or no reply only for the agent to finish their shift so I have to do it all again. This is almost criminal I have used HSBC and used it in the exact same way I use my revolut friends money and bitcoin selling of upwards of 10k in a year and that was not locked so what makes this sum of money that is relatively low a fucking 'security alert'. People have friends who transfer money really nothing suspicious ffs


No comments:

Post a Comment