Monday, May 6, 2019

Could not connect to Bitcoin Core using JSON-RPC error message when launching Eclair

Hi! I am new to the Lightning Network and I am seeking to install a Lighting Network full node on my PC.

I already have Bitcoin Core installed and my full bitcoin node working (version 0.17.1).

I went through some steps to install the LN full node on a video on YouTube, following instructions from a Medium post: "How to run a Lightning Network node on Windows" (https://medium.com/coinmonks/guide-setup-a-lightning-network-node-on-windows-8475206807f).

I installed Eclair (v0.2-beta9) from their Github page.

But when I try to launch Eclair (with my Bitcoin Core node up and running), an error message pops us, saying:

Could not connect to Bitcoin Core using JSON-RPC.

Make sure that Bitcoin Core is up and running and RPC parameters are correct.

Here is what I have in my Bitcoin Core .conf file:

testnet=0

server=1

rpcuser=foo

rpcpassword=bar

txindex=1

zmqpubrawblock=tcp://127.0.0.1:29000

zmqpubrawtx=tcp://127.0.0.1:29000

addresstype=p2sh-segwit

deprecatedrpc=signrawtransaction

And in my eclair.conf file:

eclair.chain=mainnet

eclair.bitcoind.rpcport=8332

eclair.bitcoind.rpcuser=foo

eclair.bitcoind.rpcpassword=bar

eclair.node-alias=”myalias”

eclair.node-color=ff9900

By the way, I went through an old thread on the same topic (https://www.reddit.com/r/lightningnetwork/comments/7rlk1e/could_not_connect_to_bitcoind_using_jsonrpc_any/), but the solutions proposed did not work for me.

Your help would be greatly appreciated :-) Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment