Sunday, November 24, 2019

(NL) Looking to transfer small sums to a friend in Colombia, what's the best way to do this?

Thank you for guiding me to the correct sub/filter, if I'm in the wrong location.

TLDR - I'm in the Netherlands, a friend of mine in Colombia is going through a tough time and I want to send her small sums to help her through, maybe 50-100 euro every couple months, and I'm trying to find the best way to do this. Any help/experience?

To be honest there isn't much more information than that. I've been on google, of course, and there are a number of services offering transfers - but they have a wide range of fees, and anecdotal experiences (at least those shared online) seem to indicate that reliability, on top of these fees, can be a bit touch and go. I was also considering a VISA gift card, which she could purchase in Colombia in the hopes that I could top it up online. However, checking through VISA and Mastercard websites, it seems that this isn't possible, or at least not as easy as I thought. I also considered bitcoin, but my friend is not technologically savvy and I'm not sure she could handle that. And to be entirely honest, I'm not sure I could either, as I've been interested for years but still haven't spend the time to figure out how to make it happen.

So I'm here to ask for your help - does anyone have experience in sending smaller amounts to Latin America, specifically Colombia? Can anyone advise on a specific route/site/app/service? Big thank you for your time and ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment