Sunday, March 8, 2020

What are your hypothetical best practices for cold storage opsec?

I'm looking into more than just using hardware wallets from major manufacturers long term, since eventually the government can come after those etc.

What I really want to be able to do is hold encrypted multisig wallets for btc, and the usual monero wallet on multiple cold storage air gapped computers and somehow or another generate qr codes for the transactions to be broadcast by a tablet or phone that is connected to the web.

Of course it's never that simple, and I'm not an opsec maniac or a hacker, and god knows I'm not going to ask the bitcoin forum since they're absolute fools. Everything becomes a backdoor after all, including the damn qr code generator.

I've heard a lot of people suggest running your own electrum server and your own full btc and monero node. If anyone has good articles or guides written about this to mention those.



No comments:

Post a Comment