Thursday, August 6, 2020

Should I liquidate all of my positions and invest in GLD options instead?

I currently hold a bunch of positions, too long to list but mostly in renewable energy & technology and communications. I have about 20 positions from options to stocks all my options are Calls of course.

I'm getting a little nervous being exposed to such a volatile environment with very unpredictable events that can unfold quickly and unexpectedly.

knowing that the pandemic will most likely last through at least mid next year and that the economy will continue to suffer from poorly coordinated pandemic measures and economic fallout.

and that the Fed is not even thinking about thinking about raising rates, with infinite QE and a threat to increased inflation rate... Gold and precious metals in general have become a magnet safe haven for dumb old money (which lets face it, that's where all the real wealth and market movers are) I doubt they'd be willing to invest the majority of it into bitcoin, just old money...

and so with this crisis continuing for at least another year or so, with the economy in a total mess and global tensions rising. supply chain disruptions etc. etc. I could keep going.

I see no where for gold but up for a few years at least, and suddenly 3000 and 4000 seems realistic.

I'm seriously considering liquidating everything and putting it all into ITM call options for the GLD etf, or better yet buy call options directly on /GC as I have access through thinkorswim.

any thoughts and input on my thinking?

I just want to feel a little safe, and at the same time enjoy good returns.


No comments:

Post a Comment