Friday, October 30, 2020

Exodus wallet Integrated Exchange Coinswitch stole my money. Welcome any advice to get the funds back.

I have been using the Exodus wallet for 2 years with the back up of a Trevor hardware wallet. This wallet was recommended by many sources such as Coin bureau and Digital Asset Dave

Yes I know that Exodus integrated exchange has a high fee but I don't use it often and is usually of small amounts. However this time I went big (BIG MISTAKE) thinking the platform was super decentralized the swap didn't go as expected D:

This is the address I control sent to via Exodus integrated exchange to either Coin switch or Exodus address : 0x0df20ff15ae7e8aa20ac29d7dcc231cff9b94a6fc116d0c474c13ca2ee05fd93

Transacted 14+ Ether for 0 Bitcoin (Isn't this Exodus ' integrated exchange a feature of it's wallet and hence has a responsibility for it???)

This is when it dawned on me that my funds were stolen. I started feeling this overwhelming dread, something I've never felt before. I became super sweaty, my body felt it was heating up, sat very still and I couldn't control my shaken body. I do not wish this feeling upon anyone.

I immediately went to the Exodus support page but they said that there is nothing they can do about it but directed me to Coinswitch support.

Exodus passing the buck?

I am currently waiting on Coinswitch support is currently processing.

Links to a person who encountered the same problem ( I WISHED I STUMBLED ACROSS THIS EARLIER!) https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/ei0h8m/coinswitch_exodus_scammed_6500_euro_coinswitch/

Background: I'm a retail worker who saved up for years in hopes to purchase a home for me and my mum. I was a reddit lurker compelled to get out of my comfort zone to create a new account and engage with other crypto enthusiast to spread awareness and seek advice for a solution to my problem. English is my second language and apologize for the errors. I also made a number of similar posts but was much less informative in different sub reddits when I was not in the best state of mind so I do apologize for that.

I know this post maybe a bit premature due to the pending Coinswitch support but I do not want anyone to feel the way I felt when I lost 14+ Eth. I Thought I was up to date with crypto security, not your key not your coins, don't share your mnemonic phrase. or store it digitally, avoid cameras over those words etc etc. Always reading scam topics to learn from other's mistakes. But for some reason I missed the similar posts linked above.

Just some questions: Do these integrated exchange withhold your funds often from users? and are they selectively scamming at a small scale to the point where they hope this will never be overblown or forgotten?

Thanks in advance.

I will update this in the near future.

Update: KYC approved, Coinswitch asking for further evidence of legal funding of coins in a video format 20MB limit....10-15 sec~ video detailing regulated exchange to Exodus wallet address. Several takes but done.

Edit: Funds returned. Exodus support went far and beyond in helping me retrieve my funds but this event should have never happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment