Friday, March 26, 2021

Changing 2017 and 2018 Taxe Return

Hello kind people of BitcoinCA,

I'm one of the many misinformed people that didn't quite understand crypto>crypto transactions are taxable events. I've been trying my best to correct this, and I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I'm hoping someone could provide me with some information.

I was able to pull together all of my transactions (121 in total) during the 2017 and 2018 years. Now, I'd like to refile, but it looks like TurboTax no longer provides access to the 2017 online software package I used. As an alternative, I started looking into the 'Change my return" feature directly from the CRA. I see I am able to add new lines to the return. Would it be suitable to add a new line and declare the capital gains and losses? For example, one total value for capital gains, and another value for losses. Is this possible, or do I need to enter in the values individually? Or is there a completely different approach I should be investigating?

Thanks kind strangers!


No comments:

Post a Comment