Thursday, March 11, 2021

Day one of the crypto ride along. Come hang out and let’s learn as we go.

Hello everyone! Some of you might know me as the founder of /r/silverbugs, and I have a unique story about my better late than never journey into crypto.

In 2012 I was making videos and original content related to silver, the physical metal, as an asset to hedge against inflation and as a store of value outside of our criminal banking system. I enjoyed finding deals on eBay and coin roll hunting, raiding estate sales and garage sales and snatching up discounted AG wherever I could find it.

I went to several events hosted at the NYC Bitcoin center and was exposed to crypto for the very first time. Dogecoin was brand new and the community was awesome, and Bitcoin was trading under 30 dollars at the time. Anyone familiar with /r/silverbugs knows that we believe “if you don’t hold it you don’t own it” & I had serious issues with crypto wallets, security and hacking. Those reservations prevented me from putting my money into it. I watched as Mt Gox got hacked and figured I stood a better chance of keeping my silver.

While my initial fears were valid, Bitcoin has gone from 30 dollars to 60k in the nearly 10 years I watched from the sidelines. Tons of exchanges and private users have lost zillions in crypto to unscrupulous hackers, and it only hardened my resolve that this wasn’t for me. For one thing, I’m dumb, I’m lazy and I can’t manage my passwords for simple email, no less a wallet with life changing crypto in it. I’m sure there are others that did the same.

Fast forward to 2020 and the pandemic has accelerated inflation and crypto is on fire. With all the research I’ve done, even 10 years too late, it seems like now is still a good time to get involved. If you buy 1000 in crypto today, you would still be considered an early adopter. So here we are.

My aim here is to invest a serious chunk of my net worth into crypto and mining and to avoid using the established banking system as much as possible.

I’ve purchased three hotspots and am waiting for delivery so I can mine Helium. At the time of this writing, $HNT has his $7.00 USD for the first time, which coincidentally was the price for 1 ounce of silver when I first began stacking in the 2010’s. Silver has remained relatively flat as the market is still highly manipulated, and this time around, I’m looking to 100x my cash over the next 10 years.

While delivery of my hotspots are still a month away, I’m doing my due diligence, setting up my wallets and joining exchanges, and trying to learn all I can to make the best decisions possible. I’m hoping to find some like minded folks, who are interested in riding along and learning together, and helping one another as we grow.

If any of the folks over at /r/silverbugs has any interest, I welcome you all, and look forward to seeing you in the future. I still advocate stacking physical AG, but I am pivoting now and I hope you all will join the sub and stick around.

Cheers!

CuNexTuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment