Sunday, April 18, 2021

No response from mods yet, but wanted to share something with the community.

To set the stage, my FB and reddit are not connected, and I take care not to share the same pictures with both accounts. All of my FB posts are private and mainly focus on local car events, raising chickens, and anti-establishment libertarian posts. In the past couple of months I have posted a couple things about the fuckery going on with GME (friends only), but nothing solidly implying that I have invested myself.

Yesterday I was sent a friend request from a person that is a "Senior account manager at bitcoin mining/forex trading". This person and I have no earthly connection that I can find, and have nothing in common except we are both primates of some kind.

This morning I was able to do a little google research on this person, and came up with very little. However a LinkedIn account using the same name is listed as having worked at Citibank (past tense). ***Another google result is a person with the same name on this list:

The individuals listed below have a FINRA bar in effect, which means FINRA has permanently prohibited them from association with any member in any capacity. The list comprises individuals who were associated with a FINRA registered firm on or after FINRA launched Web CRD on August 16, 1999. Where indicated, individuals on this list have appealed FINRA's final action to the SEC or, in the case of a final order of the SEC sustaining FINRA's action, to the courts; thus, the findings and sanctions of FINRA in those instances are subject to review and modification by the SEC or the courts.

I have not approved or declined the friend request, and am unsure on what to do. What would some of the wrinkle brains here do if approached like this?

Check my post and comment history, I am smoother brained than many here, and am just a mountain ape that likes to hang out with chickens and turn a wrench where I can. This is troubling to me and while I am not on edge I am a little more observant of what is going on around me.

Be careful apes, there is still fuckery going on.

*Proof (screen shots) have been submitted to mods but I have not got a response on whether I can share them publicly or not. On approval I will update here with a link.


No comments:

Post a Comment