Saturday, August 28, 2021

How does running a node give you the power to decide which chain is valid?

Sorry if it's a noob question, I'm not even sure it is good formulated. I'm trying to understand all aspects of Bitcoin but I still don't get the following:

I've read that running a full node empowers you to validate the transactions and hence having a copy of the valid Blockchain. But what does it happen on events that require some agreement, or that cause a split? For example, when Bitcoin Cash was created: How could a user running a node decide whether his/her coins would belong to one chain or the other?

I'm not really sure it works that way and whether people running nodes have to have a 50+% agreement in order to solve eventual discrepancies.

I hope the question is clear. Otherwise some reference to additional bibliography would be appreciated!

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment