Thursday, October 28, 2021

Fri Oct 29 00:18:43 2021

NYSE:GME / 127

Official answer is that due to the trading volume they potentially didn't have enough money to clear all the trades that were going on. They later raised an additional billion dollars to enable trading again. Conspiracy answer is that that they were under pressure to stop GME trading from Citadel who had invested in Melvin Capital who were themselves were heavily invested in GME shorts

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 19:55:39 2021 SUBREDDIT : Daytrading

One of the following statements is more true than the other; A. Robinhood didn't have enough liquidity to cover all the transactions of retail buyers using CASH DEPOSITS to make purchases of GME and so could not cover their collateral requirements to the clearing house. (This is the actual reason Robinhood gave at the time.) B. Robinhood had lent shares to funds for shorting (a very normal practice), that were now hundreds of percent over the original borrow price (not normal). The clearing house obviously knows this, they can see the transactions. So Robinhood has billions of dollars worth of outstanding GME short transactions on their books that are getting worse by the hour and so could not cover their collateral requirements to the clearing house because the funds could not cover the buyback costs of returning the shares to Robinhood and settling the transactions. All Robinhood and other brokers had to do was margin call the funds they had lent shares to for shorting. They didn't. They turned off buying, the price sank and the funds didn't have to cover at such a high price, which by the way, is the whole fucking point of a fucking short squeeze. But you believe whatever you want to believe.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 01:01:27 2021 SUBREDDIT : Daytrading

Funny thing is there is no evidence of Citadel having a short position on GME. All they did was recapitalize Melvin Capital ostensibly to help them close their short position

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 00:13:35 2021 SUBREDDIT : Daytrading

Why does this give me the Citron Research GME tweet when they were going to do a livestream on why it would go back to $20 a share vibe lol 😂

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 04:32:42 2021 SUBREDDIT : Daytrading

Ah the GME playbook making a comeback?

NYSE:GME DATE : Mon Oct 25 21:44:50 2021 SUBREDDIT : Daytrading

But GME actually exists. This shits a SPAC. Not to many good track records with those lately no matter the following.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 02:30:23 2021 SUBREDDIT : Daytrading

I'm 100% GME, you tell me 🤣

NYSE:GME DATE : Mon Oct 25 16:51:10 2021 SUBREDDIT : Daytrading

The hedge funds getting out when it took off is not something I would worry about too much. When a big player gets a win beyond their initial expectations they almost always take it. There were many that got out too early on AMC and GME. Iceberg Capital went short so that is certainly a concern. I do not understand as much as I'd like about how SPAC's work, but they have an interesting thesis. So I suppose that depends on if you agree with their theory or not. But the thing that concerned me, and caused me to sell at 97 after getting in at 18 was the volume on Monday. It was not reported on as much early on, and there was a lot of discussion over the weekend. Plus Trump Jr was on Fox talking about it. Despite this, action on Monday was disappointing. Instead of another run out the gate, price was pretty lazy. Maybe I could have gotten $120. Anybody that sold above that where it was nothing but low liquidity and haults should consider themselves lucky. We probably see plenty more drama from this stock though. So I wouldn't consider this decline the end of it.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 15:18:17 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

GME was the most epic rebellion and I applaud those who jumped in and short squeezed the hell of hedge fund people. Yes a lot of people lost their money. But this whole GameStop event will be remembered for a very long time

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 06:25:43 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Then GME was a pump and dump.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 22:36:58 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

The GME folks think that the jump is due to a reallocation of funds designated to be used as collateral, because the DTC new collateral “haircut” requires better-rated collateral, I.e AA-rated company bonds like Berkshire. Does this sound plausible or like a stretch?

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 10:17:32 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Buffet bought Safemoon finally…. Or GME xD

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 03:37:08 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Someone needed a quick tax write off cuz they made too much money in GME and AMC this year

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 23:33:23 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Damn that's smart as, great pick-up. So, hypothetically, if some institution was on the border of failing a margin call, they could possibly 'prop up' their assets by inflating the price like this, claiming their BRK stock is worth 50% more than reality? Why wouldn't the efficient market match their high order to a lower sell price? Surely someone would have had an order in at much lower prices, even in after hours? Edit: for people coming from superstonk, what's up! I'm in GME too, I know there is major fuckery prevalent in the market

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 00:39:15 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

GME should be seeing those numbers soon 🧐

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 22:00:59 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

I'm an SSer, but just like you can't apply GME things to AMC, you sure as shit can't apply any other stocks shit to fucking BRK.A, like wtf, lol.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 02:03:58 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

>but just like you can't apply GME things to AMC Ah, similar to SSers not applying logic to any of their braindead conspiracy theories, I get it.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 02:11:54 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

That would've been valid a couple months ago but the SEC report flat out stated the following: >In seeking to answer this question, staff observed that during some discrete periods, GME had sharp price increases concurrently with known major short sellers covering their short positions after incurring significant losses. During these times, short sellers covering their positions likely contributed to increases in GME’s price. For example, staff observed that particularly during the earlier rise from January 22 to 27 the price of GME rose as the short interest decreased. This is alongside a chart (Figure 5) showing that short interest was over 100%, and then dropped to below 30%. (https://www.sec.gov/files/staff-report-equity-options-market-struction-conditions-early-2021.pdf) (pages 25-27). So either you believe the insane conspiracy bullshit about the "hedgies" hiding their shorts in dark pools/synthetic longs/>insert crazy ape conspiracy here<, or you believe shorts covered.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 02:19:37 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Nah. The opposite of buying GME is not shorting... but simply not buying it. Keep parroting the cult lines tho

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 08:40:37 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

I'm not expert. But I'd say you're picking horrible plays. And what's all this 1 qty.. I recommend.. not a financial advisor or advice purely speculation. Start with things you enjpy... hobbies, companies you're familiar with... then read. Read read. Often. I'll spend 100s of hours on a stock.. maybe a day or two before I invest. And as I'm invested I start laboring day after day, researching to really understand who I'm trusting my money with. The more confidence I get, the more I'll invest. again my opinion, not financial advice. I am a filthy dirty crayon eating ape Best plays on the market are GME gamestop and AMC. AMC is on brink of a major leg up, increase to next price level, possibly 10x Both are not quick, but with patience you will prevail. PROG is this weeks play, a medical company with amazing products and patents, especially new and has tons of room for growth. Friday announcing a buy out or merger, will be easy 2x.. if not 4x. Coupled with Short Interest, Gamma, and fomo, could be 6x. Long term could see a price of 100+ 1-2yrs. I'm mentioning these becuase like all things in life, quality takes time. Best advice. Never chase a stock...when one is going crazy, dont throw in chasing.. most likely bust or get caught holding the bag... I've known people to hold for years just to break even and 2nd, set a sell limit, great advice I read once, you're buy in price add 20% (price x .2) and set you sell order. You can almost always clear 20% on a healthy stock in a reasonable amount of time. These methods will provide an easier path to success. Lock that 20%, dont chase, and get a prenup... and if a chic says shes prego. Laugh and tell her, you had a vasectomy years ago, works everytime. If you dont take away anything from this. All I can say is read. The more you read, the richer you'll be.. **anyone reading this knows I live under powerlines and eat paint chips.. retarded ape NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE NOR A DR OF ANY KIND. Good luck

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 10:55:29 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

AMC / GME is the way

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 12:06:28 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

I wouldn’t put my money into their accounts personally. Shit app, poor order execution and timing, making trading video game like, and run by two guys who are more or less just large scale con artists. These guys supposedly might’ve also taken some cash behind the scenes to halt trading with “technical difficulties” or other fraudulent bullshit during a couple massive trading/selling moments. Fucked up people’s large scale orders and cost them hella money, notably during GME and I think during a couple Doge spikes including the one to .70? Don’t quote me on that one for sure? I’m sure they’ll be on trial for most of that in the future (and they deserve to be, they most certainly committed fraud in the background somewhere in that company) but yeah they embittered a lot of people really quickly. Lot of inexperienced traders looking for a more honest grassroots platform got ripped up :( which feels bad for the world of market trading all around I think when a whole gen or two gets discouraged like that. TLDR; Poorly managed and possibly fraudulent company, don’t keep your money there.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 10:38:31 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Spending money on GME when it just began picking up, then panic selling at a loss for like 40 a share..

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 02:50:17 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Yeah if you take a moment to read the SEC GME report, they found that no short squeeze had occured and that little to no short positions were closed. The only thing thats happened is theyve hidden the short interest through various financial instuments. Mainly ETFs and options. Do some research over on r/superstonk. Could just make you rich if youre bold enough to take on the challenge of understanding what happened/is going to happen.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 15:24:43 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Youre already on reddit doing research. Would love to know how our literall library of DD wouldnt be good enough for you. Theres no other reliable source of information on GME on the internet. Im just trying to help you. If you cant be botheted to put in the leg work, thats on you friend.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 16:07:23 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Quite the contrary. Have you read all 44 pages? Because it actually confirms our DD. Shorts have not closed and GME has not squeezed.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 16:32:29 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Bitcoin maxis are almost as annoying as GME cultists.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 22:22:12 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Ok. Just dont neck yourself when you realize how wrong you were. Go read the SEC report on gamestop that came out a couple weeks ago. It confirms all our DD in the last 9 months. Shorts have not closed and GME has not short squeezed.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 16:31:25 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

I think they assume you're joking because it's fairly well known in this sub - especially after the whole GME thing - but I think people forget that new people join us every day.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 14:49:52 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

GME is hype.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 15:52:16 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

I regularly get 20% returns YoY options trading VZ tbh. And I’ve got a play that I keep to myself because I don’t want it to become a meme stock. Down vote me if you like, but I’ve turned 20k into 200k on it so far so 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’ve got PayPal at $73 ZScalar at $55 UNFI at $27 JPM at $129 AAPL at $140 pre split I like AVGO as a trade because of their margins. NUE long as infrastructure and low PE. A little ABT and ABBV, but I doubled down too high, so my gains are a little more flattened on that one unfortunately. I like DT, starting a long there. SNOW I’ve got since $193 going ultra long, its the next MSFT for data centers. KLIC, this ones hurting me right now, but I’m patient on it. Caught a 180% gain on MARK this morning. Caught at 1100% gain on IRNT. Temporarily lost $5k on AMC, but flipped it around to a $3k gain. Missed GME. Bleeding on GOEV, but only by 5% or so. Bleeding on UWMC, but I like the dividend and it’s a very small position < 1% of my portfolio. Betting on a SKLZ squeeze, and maybe a WTRH pump and dump, but I’m not betting large. Also got ATAI, but I’m not happy with it. It’s a trade, not a long. Got CRM somewhere around $150. Had DIS in the $90s sold at around $150. Like I said, I do pretty well.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 05:30:15 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

Idk, I like watching the market move too, even when I don't have a stake in it. GME was one of the most fun and entertaining times in my life even though my personal stake was so tiny.

NYSE:GME DATE : Mon Oct 25 23:47:25 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

As one commentator was saying the majority people who put money on GME and AMC have never been through a regular down market. the closest they have seen was the covid crash and that was over quickly.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 02:27:26 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

That was me until this January. GME brought me in the door and got me to learn about how this all works, and now I'm staying for the boring ETFs and a few blue chips.

NYSE:GME DATE : Mon Oct 25 17:00:54 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

The most positive thing to happen because of GME, brought a lot of young people in. Our whole generation was taught jack shit about finance

NYSE:GME DATE : Mon Oct 25 23:55:20 2021 SUBREDDIT : StockMarket

I transferred the week before GME explosion because I couldn't buy MT, lol. Best decision because I also had 500 shares of GME. At TD, I can also buy penny stocks you can't get on hood. I hope they go bankrupt.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 22:17:29 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

The Robinhood GME nonsense is the craziest corruption right in front of your eyes I've ever seen in my 36 years on this planet. I still can't believe it happened.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 00:40:41 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

Why wouldn’t they just manipulate their stock like GME? They got away with it once already

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 01:08:44 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

GME shorts obviously.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 23:05:45 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

I tell anyone thats using it to get out. Most actually already know they should, heard of the whole GME debacle, and are just procrastinating. But all say they are going to. Seriously fuck Robinhood.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 16:46:58 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

Yeah except robinhood is using cfd (contract for difference) aka they are handing out ious and never delivering shares you buy. So in effect robinhood is shorting the stocks that you buy That's why they had a margin call and shut off buying. They owed tens of millions of GME shares at 20-40 a share when the price surged to 500 and they had a 2 billion margin call. An honest broker would be making cash on every trade but Robinhood and Webull and TDA have gotten greedy and thought nobody would notice.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 08:53:02 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

Dude, seriously?? Hookers, cocaine, and GME. Duh.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 01:37:28 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

If it was me, I would split into three pots of investment money: conservative (60%), moderately aggressive (30%), and high risk (10%). Others and professionals will suggest different percentages. I would say it’s on you to determine your risk tolerance with this money and adjust as needed. Conservative is an index fund Aggressive is a growth stock - Tesla, space, etc. High risk - GME or similar meme stock Not financial advise. Figures above are for example purposes. Run your own due diligence.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 13:35:30 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

You could take this and get education in a trade which would be cheaper than college, or dump nearly all of it into college. The rest I would put into GME. The market is in a bubble. Specifically the housing market. Just look at chinas property sector. GME is a hedge against the market. Whatever you do, don't do anything high risk or just let the money sit in your account.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 15:17:16 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

GME was a huge hit for them. They were the most easily accessible trading platform for probably the vast majority of people who FOMO’d into GME and all the new covid traders. I haven’t used it myself but the UI seemed nice and simple to use as well. I disagree about it only being the GME traders who stopped using it. If you had a bunch of money in thr stock market would you not want to use a company that you can trust? One that doesn’t disable the buy button? Thats a huge red flag.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 18:34:21 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

You do realize Robinhood had a lot more issues then just the whole GME issue that put them in a negative spotlight?

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 22:01:15 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

While they were the big ones they weren’t the only ones jumping on the train with limit orders. Even TDA was screwing the retail investor on GME.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 07:46:23 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

The only things keeping me afloat are AMC, GME , some dividend stocks, and indexes. Otherwise, my stocks have been shorted to shit by the asshole HF's. I just buy the discounts. Who doesn't love a sale!

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 18:30:03 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

Better than me! I started in Jan and I'm at -1.66% for all closed positions this year. Had I not panic sold my second go around with GME leading to a $2k loss, I might be closer to where you are. However, I redid my portfolio after learning more and testing in my paper account and I'm currently up 11.4% in my open positions at the moment! I've decided to finally follow my initial plan and put most of my money into VTI and VSUX going forward.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 21:32:57 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

Started investing on my own this past February (I've been putting money into mutual funds monthly for years). Let a buddy talk me into AMC & GME. Lost bigly. Learned my lesson and now I'm ETFs, a few blue chips and dividend stocks. Fidelity tells me I'm down 17% because of those stupid early meme plays.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 18:21:08 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

I would not do that. The thing about asking grade schoolers is they genuinely love those products. That's why they're saying you should buy the stock. Reddit on the other hand are a bunch of clueless idiots parroting what ever is trendy. Just look at what happened with GME. If you could some how tease out what's genuine love for the product and background noise I suppose it might work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 22:19:56 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

Instructions unclear. Bought GME at 25 schmeckles.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 03:31:54 2021 SUBREDDIT : stocks

GME

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 12:18:52 2021 SUBREDDIT : RobinHoodPennyStocks

No GME and AMC only - everyone knows that

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 00:05:42 2021 SUBREDDIT : RobinHoodPennyStocks

My knowledge is not deep. I got lucky with Tesla and GME and it has given be enough money to play with things a little bit. I’ve only been trading options for less than a year. I think that buying calls and puts us basically gambling, and paying the house for the privilege. I lose almost as much money as I gain trying to buy calls. Selling calls is slow, and takes a little money up front, but it’s consistently more profitable to be the house than it is to be the gambler. I’m happy to answer any questions you have, but please note, I’m not trained, I just play and win and lose and try to learn.

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 02:46:46 2021 SUBREDDIT : RobinHoodPennyStocks

Whoa! We're suppose to hold on to GME stock? I thought everybody was doing options!

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 22:35:57 2021 SUBREDDIT : Stock_Picks

My only experience in stocks was back when GME was the current meme. I only bought options back then, which was simple enough. Would you mind explaining how the fuck I do options in a couple sentences? Much appreciated!

NYSE:GME DATE : Tue Oct 26 12:54:02 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Lol this is why I laugh when my finance friend tells me how the market is all about fundamentals all while he buys GME and Tesla. The market is just a popularity contest, and Tesla is the cool kid who gets voted class President.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 22:40:58 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

may I interest you in GME?

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 21:12:52 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Tesla has cult investors. Berkshire has artisan investors. GME has retarded investors.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 03:58:33 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

I'm happy for anyone making great gains on the market on any stock - whether its Tesla or GME or anything else. I'll be sad if they lose it all during the crash because ultimately small time investors are always the ones that really lose out when things go wrong. The big guys either gambled with our retirement funds or pensions and they collected their fees and bonuses regardless, or they'll get bailed out one way or another at our expense yet again.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 06:01:18 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Except Citadel had a short positions on GME, but with these call positions Citadel and other Hedgies are long this time. So they're also banking on WISH coming back from the dead.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 12:18:45 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Orrrrr the IV is in the stratosphere because the GME crowd has a new shiny toy to mess with.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 03:06:08 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

lol the GME crowd is too braindead to actually invest in more than one company at any given time they're going to either baghold it into the ground or ride it into the stratosphere

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 07:01:34 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Look at how much growth they had during the GME surge as well and they threw it all away. Fools.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 12:29:43 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

I'm in good with RH. Not sure who's with me out there? Been great for long haul on crypto's and stocks..... I have honestly never had any problems. OH, except for that one time it wouldn't let me buy GME on the upswing. Haven't had any fee's or weird charges or anything. (Knock on wood)

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 19:45:51 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Can't say I've ever been as brave as most of the users on this sub, but the one time I had a spare 2000$ ready to jump on GME at $80, RH wouldn't let me buy any... And that ruined my experience with them... I proceeded to sell all my stocks and withdraw all of my money. It ain't much, but it's honest work.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 12:03:37 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

On Monday my coworker installed Robinhood and bought GME. On friday he uninstalled Robinhood and installed Fidelity. Robinhood fucked themselves.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 17:32:06 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

You’re thinking of the wrong halt. They’re talking about halting buying of GME on their platform entirely. Know your history

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 12:37:45 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

I was about to open an RH account when they did that to GME, so fck them

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 19:28:20 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

I cashed the settlement check from them and they sent me a letter a couple weeks later saying they closed my account. It was sitting empty since that GME bullshit.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 20:22:27 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Is GME going to go back to 350? When?

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 13:44:47 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

This sub is about getting rich on yolo style bets and blowing up your account on degenerate gambles... it isn't a support group for a bagholders 10 months after a stock peaked when they had 2 other chances to dump it at a 20% loss. We all lose money. People should post their GME losses and move on. Or they can go to the dozen cult subs to keep their bitterness going.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 13:41:42 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

i did have stake in the game. I made $7k on gme. imagine being offended by an iq joke on wsb lololol. LE REDDIT >then goes and makes iq joke himself lol so i guess it went somethign like this: bag holders bought up GME on the run up to a blow off top, RH announced to everyone they were deactivating the buy button like you said, the """traders""" that bought didn't understand supply/demand (pretty crucial concept to know if you're going to be trading) and as a result bagheld losses? if you remember those cancer threads, people were saying fuck you robinhood left and right and still saying "diamond hands", "buying more", etc. etc. even after it was clearly over. you can say you don't like what RH did, but you won't convince that 99% of the people trading the stock were/are morons. still doesn't explain why op not being able to buy the stock "financially killed" him. all it explains is that he bought the top and lost, better luck next time. nice text wall tho slugger

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 13:31:45 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

> because they pull same shit as RH did they also halt GME trading due to "technical problems"?

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 13:01:57 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

You read the whole thing and you know it. Making money off GME doesn’t mean what RH did was okay. Like I said options plays alone get fucked when you remove demand on an exchange. I expected a big IQ response. Dissatisfied

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 13:33:15 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

They've literally peaked. They're never going to reach the number of users they had during the first GME rally. They were getting like a million people a day to sign up. But slowly their member base quit or switched platforms, and the slow trickle of new users isn't enough to account for the loss. You'd have to have been blind not to see this one coming.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 16:27:52 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

We won’t rest until Robinhood goes bankrupt. That’s what they deserve for what they did to kill the AMC / GME hype and also what they have been doing to fuck up their customers day in day out.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 15:57:53 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

So people didn’t see what shenanigans rh was up to all these past months with GME?

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 08:22:45 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

The user base peaked during Q2 which was at minimum 2 months after the GME fiasco, so I think that had less to do with it than you may think. They still have more users today than they did at any point during the GME rise. I think it has more to do with other brokers offering zero commission trades to be more competitive along with updating the UI, GME restrictions was obviously a factor but if it was the main issue you would have seen a user base drop in Q2 reports, not Q3.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 16:44:04 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

I would stop short of calling it criminal. It was the stock broker equivalent of a run on a bank. Turned out there wasn't enough money in the vault for everyone and their brother to buy GameStop, so they had to stop trading on GME, or shut down entirely. You can argue they should have been better prepared, but once things were in motion, it was too late to let them do anything unless they had someone like Warren Buffet waiting in the wings ready to just immediately hand them billions of dollars in additional capital.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 18:18:44 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

100% agree. I was following the GME saga and everybody on WSB was super pissed about RH halting selling while simultaneously making excuses why they couldn't switch platforms. It had basically no effect whatsoever. Zero fees from better brokers... that definitely had an effect.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 18:31:33 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

> so they had to stop trading on GME, or shut down entirely. If that's all they did it would have been fine. But they disabled buying while allowed selling. And as the owners themselves said, they were going to be crucified for it.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 21:32:17 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

South Sea Company makes this tulip bubble and GME a joke. Seriously, it was crazy. The speculation nearly bankrupted England.

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 18:53:49 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Comparing tulips to GME is like comparing food to a grocery store. Food might rise and fall. But, the grocery store is always cashing in! GME, BB, NOK!!! Still in it to win it baby!!!

NYSE:GME DATE : Wed Oct 27 23:22:10 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

Now you know how GME clan feels.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 00:56:32 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

this sub had just made many users a shit ton off GME and AMC etc, next thing was WISH and Clov and in some respects they sounded good to the laymen. I mean who would've though GME, a company that had closed all its stores and AMC a fucking movie theater place that had been closed a year would pop off.. of course it's more intricate than that, the shorts etc... but now the sec is saying GME is still yet to be squoozed so anyways now pretty sure some hedge funds decided to spend 100 dollars to get a bunch of retards to spam wish and clov all day on here and next thing you know half these retards are holding massive bags for life.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 10:09:06 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets

>but now the sec is saying GME is still yet to be squoozed That's not what the report said. The report said the pop in Jan wasn't due to a squeeze. Most of those shorts have covered now as SI is down drastically. It just isn't likely that a fund would try this again anytime soon. It's sort of like 9/11 ... we built this whole infrastructure to protect flights when in actuality it would be unlikely that a group would try the same thing twice in such a short period of time. GME is unlikely to ever go anywhere but bagholder-ville.

NYSE:GME DATE : Thu Oct 28 11:34:47 2021 SUBREDDIT : wallstreetbets


No comments:

Post a Comment