Thursday, October 7, 2021

You were right, and I was wrong. So yeah, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

So I kinda sorta defended Plarium on this subreddit. A company needs to pay wages, I said. We need the whales to finance a game, we play for little or no cost, I said. The recent changes to Urogrim, and Geomancer told a different story, though. This is not a company having to pay wages, and answering to shareholders. This is a company that scams, and could not care less about their customers.

Urogrim was part of a 10x shard pull event. Geomancer was part of a guaranteed champ event. Both get nerfed during a fusion event. Nerfed so much, that I would need to invest money to make them viable for my dungeon teams for the current fusion event. Now, I am a tad picky about who gets my money. I know the bacon on the hill country considers breaking contracts the new normal (new since the 17th/18th century when glass beads were the forerunners of bitcoin). I do not. And the people I deal with do not. I choose honesty, and integrity. I am not a hoe. (side note: apart of a broken legal system, said bacon on the hill has many amazing citizens. I am honored to know quite a few of them.)

Where I differ from some vocal minority on this subreddit: some claim that the real problem of this game are the whales. I beg to differ. Before a scientific career I worked in finances as CPA. A company has a certain style, a certain vision, and chooses its management accordingly. Most of course have to answer to their shareholders, but at what cost in integrity is a choice. Anyone here thinking that Scamlarium would change its style if only the whales would not spend so much money, is beyond naive. They are currently testing the limits, how much money can they milk out of you all with scams, and if the numbers drop some more, this game will close down. One thing they will not do, is turning around, and become honest. Integrity just has no value for such people. Or it is what they decide it is. Maybe Scamlarium has to finance Israel's wars, like some of my former customers as CPA admitted they are doing. Maybe they just finance the next yacht of their shareholders. IDK, and I could not care less at that point.

So yeah, this my fare thee well message, haha. Choose integrity, choose honesty, it is worth it. Not in money, in self respect. Stew Gaming knows that. Apart of being by far the hottest CC on the team, haha. (Ima girl)

Probably not going to answer any ... err answers. Moving on. Take care guys and gals! 😘


No comments:

Post a Comment