Thursday, February 9, 2023

Things I'd like to see on ICP but I have no dev skills.

To DFINITY

These are some of the things I'd like to see.

The NNS to have a fiat on-ramp (needs more than dev skills).

The NNS to be available as an app.

The NNS to have a limits, for example a cap on devices and authentication type. So if I want to transfer Bitcoin on the app, using my face to sign in, I can only transfer $250 (or whatever you set). If I want to transfer up to $500 on the app, I have to use my Yubikey (with NFC). If I want to transfer an unlimited amount then I have to be at my PC using my YubiKey.

The NNS to have a "go to" account, in the event of me not logging into the NNS for a period of time (which I set), the funds will automatically be sent to an address I pre-determine. This will cover people in the event of a unexpected and quick death, or simply being locked out.

It would also be amazing if there was an ICB, an Internet Computer Browser! Something a little bit like Brave but with the NNS wallet built in, paying in sats or ICP (if you decide to watch ads). The browser would be on-chain and you would connect to it via an encrypted remote session.

Edit: I think it'd be brilliant to have your favourites on-chain, password manager for Web2 on-chain in the browser. Laptop dies, no problem, just connect your new laptop. I guess each browser would be a canister, any calls to a website in Web3 (ICP) would be really simple as they never leave the ICP network, anything to Web2 and it'll essentially act as a proxy.

I think something like this would really put ICP on the map.

Are any of these possible or in the pipeline?


No comments:

Post a Comment