Saturday, November 3, 2018

I want to Solo Mine From Using My ABC Node during and after the Hard Fork.... Help :-)

Back story: So I am new to Bitcoin Cash, when I first saw it in my Bittrex account last year I unfortunately dumped it like a clingy girlfriend without a thought. I am not a huge holder of crypto I mined some back in 2015 and checked on in a few times a year. Scrolling back through my transactions on my exchanges I noticed something.... I haven't done an On Chain BTC transaction since 2016, Cause I am cheap, so I have been using Doge and LTC to move my crypto. That was the moment I understood the Bitcoin Cash position. I now understand that without the ability to do cheap or free micro transactions it's not the same bitcoin I got interested in back in 2014. A Currency with out capital controls that can be used by the poorest of poor!

Getting to the Point: I still have a bunch of old miners from early 2015, I hooked them up and mined on Muiltipool this week. Everything is working. I am syncing Wallet ABC v0.18.2.0 It says I have 32 Hours Left. Now my old mining equipment uses CGMiner 4.9.1. The Readme has only 2 lines explaining solomining "

Solo mining to local bitcoind:

cgminer -o http://localhost:8332 -u username -p password --btc-address 15qSxP1SQcUX3o4nhkfdbgyoWEFMomJ4rZ

Now what is Bitcoind ? will cgminer work with the ABC wallet? Even though I can pool mine BCH from multipool as a show of support, I prefer to run my own node during this next hard fork. I don't have alot of Hash power so I won't mine a block but I don't care about that. I want to support my new favorite network during this process. I know my single vote may not count for much but if we dust off those old Sha miners and plug em in we can all help keep the network safe from attacks.

Thanks for any help or guides you can give to a simple home user.



No comments:

Post a Comment