Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I always liked choose your path stories (Part 2)

Part 1

My decisions had consequences. It's what I like about those types of stories.

Have you guys ever heard of the simulation theory? It's the idea that we live in someone else's computer simulation. It's a pretty simple idea and in my opinion gives an explanation to mysteries we're unable to solve like supernatural events and even a scientific explanation for "god". I think somehow, this website gave me access to that simulation, and gave me a second chance. A chance to change some zeros into ones, and vice versa. But the simulation, would do just that, it would simulate my life based on the choices I made, and if I changed choices it would re-simulate my life. But predicting those re-simulations was difficult. Really difficult. For example someone commented I should go and invest in things like amazon. I had never considered this in the past, and so I was never given the option. But luckily I was able to go back into sixth grade, when I had considered only asking for bitcoin for Christmas instead of usual presents. I was able to purchase five bitcoins, easiest $100,000 I had ever made considering I was also able to sell them at their peak of $20,000 per. I heard my phone buzz.

Whoa.

I scrolled through my snap chat. I had more contacts then I've ever seen. "What the hell?" I muttered to myself under my breath. Had my entire friend group really shifted? The short answer was yes. I had previously talked about how I didn't have any friends I could really trust. This was true, but, I still loved to hang around with them. This re-simulation had done way more than give me $100,000. I'm not really sure how, but I think this money had gotten to my head. Suddenly I was friends with hundreds on snap-chat. I scrolled through my text messages. I was texting 15 girls a day, and I assure you these were not conversations about wanting to be friends. On top of this I saw hundreds of texts about parties. I was partying so much. I hate parties, they're loud, annoying, smell terrible and overall just not very fun. I wondered what my personality was like? Had $100,000 really changed me that much? The simulation had re-simulated my life based on that decision alone. I suppose in school, money is power, and power corrupts. Would my real personality change with it?

What interested me was that I had no recollection of any of this at all. But. I had an idea. What if I never broke up with my girlfriend. No, not my freshman year girlfriend. Fifth grade. What if I never broke up with her. She was a nerd, she would keep me grounded, maybe I could keep all of this together, so I scrolled back. It took me a while to find the decision to break up with her, I changed it. We never broke up. She was at the top of my text messages. It was actually pretty cool, I had gotten a second chance to fix one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made. Except...? "wait wat?" I said aloud to my computer screen as if expecting a response

I looked to my left and there was a varsity soccer bag. Now I was just straight confused. What the hell had happened?

Everything you've read up to this point I did last night after posting.

I tried to fall asleep. I really did. But y'all know the feeling of being so tired and still not being able to fall asleep? I tried everything. Read a book, took deep breaths, tried counting down from 1000, hell I even counted some god damn sheep. I tossed and turn till about 2 am. Then I started reading up on my life and what had happened. I read a little a bit and managed to crash by 4. I woke up at 8 am and skipped school. I finished skimming over my life at 4pm and have been slowly writing this post ever since. I got texts from liberty asking me where I was. I started to feel my new personality leaking onto me. People I had never met were suddenly floating into memory. I decided to write down all of my good friends I had known. Trace. Jonny, Alex, Evan, Alberto, Bennett, Evan (2), Brian. I also decided to write down all the memories I had. There was this one time where I took trace to five guys and on the way back his ex called us and said she needed a ride. So we got back in the car, drove her home, and on our way got lost, we drove around downtown, and it was actually pretty fun. Sure we both got eaten out by our parents but it was a really fun, simple night. I also wrote down the time Bennett was trying to hook up with what he thought was a senior, but was really about twice our age. I also made sure to write down the time our entire friend group just sat around and talked on discord for hours late into the night.

The most troubling thing though, was Liberty, she had just....she just conformed to who I was. Don't get me wrong, I really liked her. Memories over the past half decade were flowing in like cold syrup onto a pancake. But I feel sorta bad, we had been on different paths of life and I forcefully put us back together. On top of this she had changed, gone was the Pokemon playing, shy, awkward girl who needed me to be social. But if I'm being honest, I was happy. I really liked Liberty, in fact, she was beautiful. She had dirty blond hair and golden skin that perfectly matched her hair. As the countless memories flowed back into me, I realized how much we had been through. When I started making all that money we kept doing what we always did, and we didn't change. At least, we didn't notice each other changing, we talked night after night on the phone and we just liked being around each other. But the most distinct memory to me, was her laugh. I can hear it over and over and it brings me joy each time. Not to mention I was on varsity soccer, in fact I had been since I was a sophomore, and my dad came to all my games and had been supporting me with signs. My new friends weren't all that bad, I mean partying is kind of fun, right? You get to stop worrying about life for a few hours and just have fun with your friends. ---

"A boy in your grade named Trace Just killed himself." - Text from Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment