Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Bitcoin ATM transaction not sent to my wallet. what went wrong?

SOLVED - finally got response from support - thanks for all the help everyone

"Currently the exchange we utilize is experiencing a high volume of withdrawals due to the death of the CEO. We remain confident in the exchange despite this temporary disturbance. We are working closely with the interim president and CEO to ensure this transaction is settled. Payment processors have been added to the exchange to respond in part to this event...we ask for your patience....transaction is pending...."

I wonder if any other ATM transactions will be delayed that use this same exchange?

ORIGINAL POST -

One month ago I went to a bit coin ATM, deposited money, used a bitcoin android app, scanned code, transferred coins, waited for pending transaction, then got coins into my app wallet. everything went smooth.

I tried to repeat the process yesterday. went to a different ATM that was operated by Bitnational, opened my app, scanned code, fed machine money, had to register my phone number, got sent text messages confirming transfer of coins within 30 min, got a receipt from ATM with confirmation codes and details of transaction.

It has been over 12 hours now and coins have not been transferred to my app. I did notice though that the wallet code now displays a different address than the one on the transaction receipt. It says the address changes when it receives payments. But I am assuming that because I scanned my phone, the ATM must have received the correct wallet code for my phone app. This is only the second time buying bitcoins using this app so maybe I did something wrong and the money transferred to the wrong address. I don't know.

I emailed support at BitNational and there has been no response for over 12 hours. I sent them the text messages, picture of the receipt and the blockchain link they sent me that shows that zero transactions have been transferred to my wallet code.

Can anyone help me figure out what went wrong? Have I been scammed? is the money lost? did I do something wrong? Thanks for any help.


No comments:

Post a Comment