Sunday, January 6, 2019

Hey everyone! So i believe i did everything right. Was able to buy bitcoin, transfer to wallet and spend it on a vpn service as a test with no issues. Just want to post my process to make sure everything is ok. thank you for your time!

Hey everyone! So really would love for someone to see my process and tell me if I did everything correct or room for improvement.

This is the order of events.

1.) Created an account on Gemini and connect my bank account for funds ->

2.) Buy from the exchange ->

3.) After a week once everything cleared I withdrew my balance to a "Wallet" I used Electrum, everything seems ok coins are now in my wallet -->

4.) Went to VPN provider and got the link they give to pay in bitcoin -->

5.) From my wallet I put their link/address in the "pay to" section under "send" -->

6.) Few mins later transaction completed, bitcoin gone from wallet and VPN subscription is now active for a month.

so in short used Gemini to buy and used Electrum to hold/receive/spend?

To receive payment from someone, i would go to "receive" put in $5 for example; it generates the code/link that once I send to someone will request $5 worth in bitcoin correct?

How secure and private was my process? Mostly after it leaves Gemini as obviously, they have identifiable info such as bank ext.

also one more random question i was unable t figure out with Electrum. They give me that long passphrase in case i forget my pw or something. If i for example broke my computer, got a new one, installed Gemini and used that passphrase i'll be able to access my wallet that was original located on the broken computer? That must mean the wallet is stored/accessible from some sever off my computer correct?

sorry for all the questions, but after hearing about bitcoin for years i really wanted to check it out. So far my first purchase has really impressed me! Its way fucking cooler than i imagined (so far)

thank you so much to anyone who reads this and or replies i appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment