Wednesday, February 27, 2019

About to leave Berlin. Where should I go?

Berlin has caused me nothing but problems since the day that I got here.

Let’s talk about the fact that in Germany there are literally so many laws that you can’t even go into the library without removing your laptop and putting it in a bag to get into the door.

The Wi-Fi is horrible almost everywhere and people don’t really seem to care that the Wi-Fi is horrible.

You have to use cash almost everywhere and people don’t seem to know how to use credit cards and they certainly will never know what bitcoin is.

Overall I find that the German culture is very pessimistic and risk averse and it’s hard to be in entrepreneur in that environment.

Tallinn, Estonia

I’ve heard good things about Estonia. I like that they have e-residency and are technologically advanced. I’m not sure what it’s like living there but I would be interested to hear if anyone has experience doing so.

Stockholm, Sweden

I think Swedish culture is much different than German culture and I think it’s more entrepreneurial. I see a lot of events on Eventbrite related to product design marketing e-commerce. I also like the music scene in the fashion scene in Sweden. After all Axwell and the Swedish House Mafia are from there.

London, United Kingdom

So many people talk about the cost of living in London but isn’t it worth it. Considering it’s a financial capital in Europe aren’t there benefits to paying more to get access to big brands and robust infrastructure.

I’m not sure what the weathers like but I’d be curious to know if anyone has an opinion about London for 2019.

Elsewhere in Europe

Are there any other hubs in Europe that are up-and-coming where e-commerce brands and start ups are thriving.

Canada

I’ve heard good things about Vancouver and Toronto the weather is certainly better position for climate change. Would anyone recommend the cities and if so why would you recommend them for 2019?


No comments:

Post a Comment