Saturday, February 2, 2019

Vechain Tax difficulties

I posted this in a daily a couple days ago, but I think it deserves its own thread. I am talking about USA taxes hear in particular, but it should apply to some other countries as well.

I used bitcoin.tax last year to do my crypto taxes and it was quite easy however this year I am not sure I will be able to do so due to these three tax issues with Vechain.

  1. Ven to Vet swap. Hopefully this doesn't count as a taxable event, but I also don't know how to input it into bitcoin.tax

  2. Thor accumulation. This is taxed as normal income, not capital gains. I am not sure how to value the Thor. Do you average the cost monthly? Before OceanX the cost was only based on LBank and for the first month LBank had crazy prices because you couldn't deposit. I don't want Thor income to be taxed at like 3 cents per during that first month because I would lose more money than all my Thor is worth. Especially considering there was no actual way to sell, so is an asset really worth something if you can't actually sell it?

  3. OceanX currently does not display trade history before 1/1/2019 so I don't know how to record my transactions from OceanX.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to deal with these?


No comments:

Post a Comment