Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Help! I’ve lost access to my Persistence folder

*anyone who can help me fix this problem will receive some Reddit Gold or Bitcoin. Your choice!

So I had all of my documents, photos, etc stored on my original USB #1. I bought a new USB #2 (same exact model) to copy the files to just in case anything ever happens to #1.

I woke up this morning, updated USB #1 to Tails 3.13 successfully and did the same to USB #2 with no issues. Then, I followed this guide to backup my files onto a new USB.

Everything was going well until I selected all of my files and chose “Move to” instead of “Copy to” my new USB.

Now, when I log into USB #1 and attempt to access my persistence folder I get this message.

But, when I log into USB #2 I still have an issue. Most of the files have a small lock symbol next to them that looks like this. However, I am still able to access some of the locked folders while others truly remain locked.

Why am I seeing this message on my original USB?

Where did these lock symbols come from and how do I remove them?

Any and all advice is appreciated. I am thinking my best bet is to wipe USB #1 completely and then copy everything back to it from USB #2 but I would still need to solve the problem with the folders being locked.



No comments:

Post a Comment