Tuesday, April 9, 2019

[Faith in Humanity Restored] Accidentally sent 5 BTC to wrong person(Still need staff help)

Opening info:

  • Want to start off by saying THANK YOU, LBC support staff for the fast acting in the event the user was NOT honest and intended on taking the money. I am not trying to insult or negatively talk bad on your support. I am just trying to get this resolved QUICKLY with some answers as to why such a simple process is taking so long.
  • YES - Im aware that it was a stupid mistake that could've been avoided had I double checked the addresses. But it happened and theres nothing I can do. I've been doing this for years and this is the first mistake I have ever made in this manner.
  • I've been a trader on LBC for longer than 5 years with more than 1000 BTC traded and 100% feedback
  • When I am not in my office I use a VNC to access my office computer via my laptop and conduct trades there as well. That is how the clipboard mishap came about.
  • The money that was accidentally sent was half of the payment for my wife's surgery. (No she is not dying but its a very time sensitive surgery that will push the date further back if not done ASAP)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04/05/2019 01:31 : I initiate a trade with LBC user that I've regularly traded with to buy amazon gift cards. Everything went perfect as normal and I sent bitcoin for the sale directly to his LBC wallet address.

Initial AMZ Trade

04/05/2019 11:11 : I accidentally sent 5 BTC to the address in my clipboard. On my desktop and not my laptop. And the addresses looked very similar (Which happened to be the customers LBC wallet that I traded with earlier) instead of my external address that I was meaning to send to.

5 BTC Accidentally Sent

04/05/2019 11:14 a.m: I message the user that the BTC was accidentally sent to begging that he return it and I will reward him for being honest

First message after sending BTC on accident

04/05/2019 11:24 a.m : I open a support ticket explaining to them what happened.

04/05/2019 12:02 p.m: Support responds very quickly and freezes the money on his account (Thank you for the fast action LBC Support)

First support ticket message sent and Fast Action from LBC

04/05/2019 1:12 p.m: The person the money was accidentally sent to responds and says he will contact support and return BTC as well. In which is does contact them and they say they will proceed with returning the bitcoin to me. He also messages support twice to let them know it is my bitcoin and needs to be returned.(Thank God)

His first message to support

His second message sent to support

04/05/2019 8:47 p.m: Support tells me they have started the return process but it could take weeks to get the bitcoin returned to me.

Being told it can take weeks to return funds?

04/06/2019, 2:04 p.m : The User who received the BTC is unable to pay his amazon code suppliers the money he owes due to his accounts being frozen. So in good faith I handle his debt to them directly.

Paying his supplier pt 1

Paying his supplier pt 2

04/08/2019, 4:33 p.m: I contact support again to see if there is any update on the return of the BTC. (Received the same response)

04/09/2019, 2:13 p.m.: I contact support yet AGAIN to ask for a timeframe of when I will receive. (No response yet)

04/09/2019, 5:10 p.m: The user it was sent to sends me a screenshot of the btc still in his wallet unable to do anything either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tldr; I sent 5 BTC to the wrong address via LBC and the person who received is offering to send it back along with LBC freezing the funds.

However, its been 4 days and it still has not been reversed and I am being told it can take weeks which makes no sense.

Now the person who received them unintentionally, is unable to continue working because they have frozen his funds too and he just wants the BTC returned so he can continue working.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my questions to you LBC Staff is:

  1. Why is this taking so long to get reversed?
  2. If anyone reading this works at LBC and can expedite this process please reach out?

Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment