Thursday, April 11, 2019

Question on Bitcoin.tax Support for Crypto-Crypto Trades

I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this issue, but with tax day closing in, but as someone who didn't get into alts until 2018, I had a general tax question which I'm hoping can be accurately answered:

When you selling crypto A for B (for example, converting ETH to buy BAT directly), is the preferred reporting method to upload this as a trade of SELL A in CURRENCY B? at price B divided by A? Is Bitcoin.tax able to understand the USD value of both A and B at that point of the taxable event, further, is there any way to find a supported list of cryptocurrencies on bitcoin.tax? I would expect it to deduct my holdings of A and increment my holdings of B.

I understand my alternative is to write this single transaction as two USD transactions, but before I double my work, I wanted to check in and see if this was standard procedure.


No comments:

Post a Comment