Sunday, June 30, 2019

Get Protocol

Hi everyone,

I am a big fan of this sub and wanted to post one of my favourite low cap coins, get protocol (GET), currently sitting at 3.7M marketcap. I will preface that I do own some and I honestly do not care if anyone here buys this token as this is a long term play for me. Price is irrelevant and I am not trading this token short term. I fully believe most here will jump into GET at some point in the distant future. I don't actually believe GET will rise anytime soon. It is not another quick moonshot like VIDT. Read more about GET (and GUTS) here https://blog.guts.tickets/ and follow their telegram https://t.me/getprotocol . They have a ton of information available.

Two reasons I bought GET.

  1. What they are doing is actually awesome! The concert I want to see sells out and tickets are resold on the secondary market with a 500% surcharge...ummm no thanks. I finally buy my ticket which costs $40 yet at checkout I pay $80 due to ticketing fees ....ahhh nope. GET Protocol stops dishonest ticketing practices by providing a fair and transparent solution and this is not something that is being developed for the future, it is here NOW and it works. Consumers want this, artists want this, and the protocol is slowly being adopted. This is just the beginning. GET Protocol will take off or another honest ticketing platform will take off in it's place but either way fair and transparent tickets are finally coming to market and it is amazing.
  2. The utility of the token is incredible. You can read the whitepaper and blogs but in essence a small amount of GET is bought off the open market and brought into the ticketing ecosystem with every ticket sold. In Q1 2019 $36,000 GET were bought from the open market and these GET were bought for around 60,000 tickets. In comparison back in 2007 ticketmaster sold 142,000,000 tickets. That's one company (albeit large) and that was for just one year. The ticketing space has grown since then and the ticketing market is of course global. The potential for ticket sales is absolutely HUGE. When GET is bought off the open market it remains within the ticketing ecosystem. Effectively for each ticket sold using the protocol, GET is bought and distributed to ticket holders, venues, artists but most importantly it does not flow back to the open market (for now). As GET is required for subsequents events and tickets, and as more tickets are sold using the GET protocol, additional GET will be bought from the open market. Given that the theoretical max circulating supply is approximately 13,500,000 GET (read the white paper) the potential for this token is exciting to say the least. This is a token with a max open market circulating supply less than bitcoin, an actual utility where token demand is tied to commercial adoption, solves a significant problem (almost everyone dislikes scalpers), and currently has a price of $0.33.

I am beyond excited to see how adoption of the protocol unfolds over the next 5-10 years and that's why I feel this is a definite moonshot and fitting of this sub.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment